Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downloading question?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

apologies in advance. on the forum i have read about downloading points of interest, speed cameras, voices etc for a nuvi 250w. but how do you do it, do you buy a sd card for the card slot on the nuvi and download from pc to sd card and put in sd card OR

do you buy a usb cable and download direct and where do you buy said usb cable (cheap)

thanks in advance

shovel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Connect with standard usb cable, any pc shop will have one, bring the unit with you to make sure they give you the correct cable. You can install WebUpdater from the Garmin site on your pc and that will let you know if there are any software updates or voices etc for your unit. You can download extra vehicles from the Garmin Garage here. Unzip and copy .srf file to the Vehicle folder on your unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

thanks dannybuoy. i will do that. do i need an sd card to use with the unit?.i see a 2 gig one in aldi for 17 euro.might pick that up as well. many thanks again

shovel

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

shovel wrote: »
    thanks dannybuoy. i will do that. do i need an sd card to use with the unit?.i see a 2 gig one in aldi for 17 euro.might pick that up as well. many thanks again

No, it'll work fine without it. I know some people use them to store mp3's or pics, its a handy way to bring them from your pc to sat nav and back. Also if you ever get extra maps, they will come on sd cards.
    Your welcome, enjoy sat naving!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

thanks again

shovel

Advertisement