Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore development?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

I found this video on Youtube,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzIEuD5PAQ
    Does anybody know if this development has planning permission or is it just an idea being thrown around?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Did you look at the title?
    tramore ideas

I think that answers your question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sully wrote: »
    Did you look at the title?

I think that answers your question. :)

Funnily enough, I did look at it. But the video was made last year and I just thought maybe the place was going to be built.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yet you asked the question, which was answered? :P

No, the drawings were done by a Waterford Architect IIRC. He done some for Waterford also. They were done around the time Waterford were looking for design ideas for certain projects in Waterford. I think there was a topic on the Waterford City forum about it, and the architect was posting away about his ideas - he may have made a proposal in regards to the City projects, but im not sure. If it wasnt on Boards, it may have been on UpTheDeise another Waterford site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thanks for the (real :p) answer, Sully!

You asked was it an idea.. when the video said it was. Me, I only assisted in finding the answer for you and providing details :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Looks a bit **** to me, although that walkway could be a decent jump at high tide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Yet you asked the question, which was answered? :P

No, the drawings were done by a Waterford Architect IIRC. He done some for Waterford also. They were done around the time Waterford were looking for design ideas for certain projects in Waterford. I think there was a topic on the Waterford City forum about it, and the architect was posting away about his ideas - he may have made a proposal in regards to the City projects, but im not sure. If it wasnt on Boards, it may have been on UpTheDeise another Waterford site.

Yeah the same fella posted up stuff on Boards and UpTheDeise (Planning section) about his ideas for both Tramore and Waterford City (in relation to the City Development Plan, in particular the Bolton Street proposal).

He has 2 blog sites (i can't remember the URLs) called "Wouldn't Waterford Be Better If...." and "Wouldn't Tramore Be Better If...." where he had all those detailed architectural designs of his ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

sully, a man of wisdom eh? well i seen it aswell, pretty impressive but OTT for tramore. Would cost a fortune to build.

mrDuke wrote: »
    sully, a man of wisdom eh?

Sarcasm doesn't suit you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Sarcasm doesn't suit you. ;)

Your gone off topic here sully can you please close thread:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement