Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PCLine 100k webcam installation problem

• 04-01-2008 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I'm at home in Ireland with my parents this weekend. Yay \o/

I'm trying to install a webcam for my dear old ma but I'm having serious problems. It's a PC Line 100k webcam, I've used the installation CD to install the driver and followed the procedures outlined, I then followed the manual which said that I should then install the Capture software. I did that but when I start the software it tells me it can't dind the capture device as here is none installed?

It's a simple USB cam, I've no idea what's wrong. Any help appreciated. I've installed different cams before but never come across this problem. :(
    It's a Windows XP machine...
    Mods, please move if this is in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

when you plug the cam into any of the usb ports does the pc detect it? does a window pop up asking for drivers?

I think if you install skype and go into the options menu, and the video settings it will show you what the camera sees, if the driver have been installed

also in control panel, settings, hardware, device manager, the camera should be listed, maybe under imaging devices or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks for that, I completely uninstalled, shutdown, cold booted and redid the installation...that worked fine, software starts and everything.

However, when I closed the camera software and opened Skype to do the camera test...nothing happened, it can't see the camera and tells me it's in use by another application. So I shutdown and cold booted again with no better result. I'll be back in Ireland again in 2 weeks time so I'll try it all again . Thanks for the reply :)

Advertisement