Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive USB cable ever?!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

god almighty...

i knew it was a bit on the expensive side, but that's takin the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

If I wanted to let Peats know this was a little crazy I might order 1000 of them for collection under a pseudonym but my team of legal hotshots have told me not do to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

is this peats's version of the post christmas/january sales???It comes to 84 yoyo's with delivery!!!!
    God almighty,theres a reason to NEVER buy ANYTHING from the likes of peats

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

fatal wrote: »
    This handy little USB extension lead, connects computer peripherals, such as, cmaeras, printers, mp3 players, ect, to you'r compuer.

A lot of transposing. My guess it is 7 euros. Still expensive at that though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I remember having to pay 29.99 for a Usb Cable for a Pentax camara, but 70? **** that!
    altho as said, i would Imagine thats 7.00 and someone just messed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Someone needs to break that guy's comma key :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Someone needs to break that guy's comma key

ha ha ha - that applies to a good few folks around boards.ie too! ha ha ha

Anyway, there are always things like that happening on that site. Though I've seen it on komplett and dabs too. Good spot OP.

Funny story - komplett sold me 1GB of Corsair RAM for €25 about a year and a half ago. Thing is I reckon they caught their mistake after I bought it and one of the matched pair didn't work so I had to send it back. They said they didn't have any replacements so I got a refund. 2 days later it shows up on komplett again at its correct price! :rolleyes:

Nicely done komplett...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

altho as said, i would Imagine thats 7.00 and someone just messed up

I'd love to think that's the case, but Peat's have some ridiculously priced cables, so i'm not so sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Do you get a gold foil bag with that.
    *Asterisk key*
    ,comma key,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Qty Order Code Product Page Ex VAT Inc VAT
    X21099571 USB Cable 57.85 70.00
    To change the quantity of any item in your basket, enter the new quantity in the field provided and click on 'Update Basket' - to delete an item, enter a quantity of '0'

Sub-Total: 57.85
    VAT: 12.15
    Total: 70.00

Delivery Charges
    A delivery charge will be added to the total above - Republic of Ireland: €14.00

will cost €84 to be delivered.

I still think belkin take the biscuit for overpriced cables
    and gold plated digital cables - pure snake oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

€70 for a USB, you could get one for €10 if you look around. And then €14 for delivery in Ireland:eek: who delivering it Colin Farrell.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TBH any place that charges more than a fiver is complete rip off
    €2 is what they should be

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PC001.html - £1.75 gets you illuminated flashing ones

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

And i thaught €10 was robbery in pc world i agree Capt'n Midnight they should only be a few euro

The old ones are the best.

Peats, the Pirates of Parnell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How do you make that out?
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=21603&sid=14&cid=106&scid=617

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭SeanW

Peats must have gone way downhill, I got a CD-RW drive from them in 2002 for €66 when Dell was charging in excess of €150 for the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

eo980 wrote: »

There's something worrying about an online store where they misspell the word length TWICE in 2 different places... Have they never heard of a spell checker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

dulpit wrote: »
    There's something worrying about an online store where they misspell the word length TWICE in 2 different places... Have they never heard of a spell checker?

haha priceless.

Oh look the price has been changed since the epiphany.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

I don't understand the point of this reply... you re-open a 6 month old thread to point out that they changed an obvious error??

• Advertisement

Oh look the price has been changed since the epiphany.

I don't believe any price has been changed since anything. I don't know which cable the OP linked too originally but Peat's have been selling USB cables for €2.99 for years.
    Archytas wrote: »
    I don't understand the point of this reply... you re-open a 6 month old thread to point out that they changed an obvious error??

No I don't believe anything has been changed. As stated above I have no idea what USB cable was linked too originally but I just wanted to highlight that they can hardly be called 'pirates' when they charge €2.99 for a USB cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The OP was referring to a USB cable that (judging by the subsequent posts) was priced at €70 or something ridiculous...

I presume that was a mistake, and has been fixed in the 4 months before you dragged this thread back from the dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

How did you even find it after 4 months?

BostonB wrote: »
    How did you even find it after 4 months?

That pixie dust their all talking about! Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Stand back I got this...only €599!!!
    http://www.kingrex.nl/KingRex-HiFi-Rack-LED-3

http://www.peats.com/index.html

Sux :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Monday 17th October 2013
    Peats.com and WB Peat & Company Ltd. have been closed.

For full details click ..... http://www.peats.com/index.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement