Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a national newspaper used a photo of mine without permission, what can i do

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I just read through the entire thread thinking the exact same thing.

Maybe he's peeved I hijacked it;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    If here - being extremely careful about how you might expose boards.ie to any subsequent litigation in light of the general comment which has gone before and possible comment that might ensue.

We've had this before and it was pulled for this reason.

I believe that particular episode had a happy ending for the photographer. The approach there was to engage a discussion with (and I can't believe i'm typing this) - the Joe Duffy show, and then let that paper editor know that it is being scheduled for later in the week. Result AFAIK was that it was settled at the 11th hour and didn't go on the show.

Best to discuss with any of the moderators before you'd do such a thing such that you wouldn't end up with an infraction or worse incur an unnecessary holiday from the forum. Safe than sorry.

Thats fair enough, but if a newspaper isnt going to pay a bill then I dont think they will be too worried if they are mentioned on boards.ie for not paying a bill. As I said someone can go on the Joe Duffy show and name and shame them on the air so why cant we do the same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

^because we dont want another 'dont mention mcd events' blanket ban in regards to a newspaper eg the irish times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I just read through the entire thread thinking the exact same thing.

I always keep in mind the possibility that such threads may be a wind-up.

Most people manage to solve problems and it is also possible that everything got sorted out.

Back to the photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

The matter I have is now with solicitor. Will update.

Advertisement