Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful dreams and horrible nights

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Feel free to throw your two cents in even if you haven't read the thing.
    Part 1:
    http://www.focusdep.com/articles/Motivational_Stories/I_Beautiful_Dreams_and_Horrible_Nights
    Part 2:
    http://www.focusdep.com/articles/Motivational_Stories/II_Beautiful_Dreams_and_Horrible_Nights_Continued

At the end of the article:

My meditation technique used through out everything:

First find a room where you can lay flat on your back on the floor no obstructions touching you on any side. Try to be atleast 2 feet from any object. Remove all sound and light. Darkness is extremely important. Now lay down and relax each muscle in your body individually starting with the toes and moving up and down the arms to the finger tips. Now close your eyes and begin to focus on your goal.

Developing a third vision:

Use the meditation technique. now once complete look into you eyelids. Focus on the nothingness and see a black dot in the center of your vision. It will be small at first but concentrate and it will appear. Once you have this dot try to make it bigger and form it outlines of objects start very simple like squares or triangles. Then progress to more complex objects such as chairs, trees, etc. Once you have practiced this and can easily accomplish try and move the objects around, rotating them. Once you have accomplished all of this you are ready to move into color. This can be a hard thing to achieve but what I found useful is what I call the color window. Watch in your vision for a small speck of shifting color amongst to darkness. This is the window. Focus on it and concentrate on bringing it forward. With practice this now replaces your black dot. With practice you will be able to build it into anything you wish to see. Remember this takes time do not get impatient it took me years to develop mine to where it is now.

I'm wondering about when he says a 'black dot'. Does he mean the actual vision of blackness when you close your eye or is he talking about seeing this black dot in your "mind's eye"? He seems to be talking about the first one but how can you see a black dot on a black background? Plus it strains my eyes looking at the center.

Advertisement