Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Skerries

Options
  • 04-01-2008 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some help.
    What Broadband services are people using around Skerries?
    I want to get Broadband in but didn't want to have a phone line installed.

Any help
    Cheers

OCJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Hiya,

I'm on Esat BT at the moment. Although thats no good to you because I run it through our Eircom line. But there are a number of wireless options out there.

O2 do a wireless broadband option that allows you to plug a USB receiver into your laptop/PC and you can connect through the internet through wireless.

02 Wireless Broadband

I think Vodafone do a similar package too. Shop around for the best one.

Good luck,

Hauk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hi i'm living in balbriggan and had the same problem as didn't want a phone line.
    I got the vodafone modem last week-its on special offer til end of jan I think and its €49. Then for first 3 months its €14.99pm then €30 pm after that.
    You get 5GB per month for that but then if you go over that you're charged 2 cent or something per mb. So its good value if you're not downloading loadsa stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Cheers for the replies guys,

Hauk,
    I looked into the o2 modem and it seemed good but the coverage isn't great where I am and they charge Eur 89 for the modem,where as vodafone only charge Eur 49 for the modem but the download is half of o2's.

suzieb,

What do you think of the speed of vodafone?
    You having any probs with the service?

Thanks
    OCJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

ocj wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies guys,

Hauk,
    I looked into the o2 modem and it seemed good but the coverage isn't great where I am and they charge Eur 89 for the modem,where as vodafone only charge Eur 49 for the modem but the download is half of o2's.

suzieb,

What do you think of the speed of vodafone?
    You having any probs with the service?

Thanks
    OCJ

OCJ,
    Ok so i'm pretty useless with technology but to me its fast as I only use it for browsing and not downloading. Takes about half a second for a web page to open if thats any help and the service hasn't gone down on me once since I got it few weeks ago.
    Like I said i don't hav a clue about speeds or that but if its just for messing around on I find it really good but suppose if needed for work or that its not the best.
    Hope this helps(doubt it though) !
    suzie

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Thanks suzieb,

You can't beat info from people who actaully use this service.
    Looks like it's my best bet at the moment.
    I won't be using it for work so it should do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

Contact Digiweb, they have a new service in the Skerries area, no landline required, and no antenna on your roof.

Mobile broadband

Regards,:)

Advertisement