Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions this morning

Options
  • 04-01-2008 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi

I drove in from Bruff to work in the city this morning and had the misfortune to leave home at 8am and caught the worst of the snow. All the way in the roads didnt seem to have been gritted and were a bl**dy nightmare.

Any reason why there was no gritting done overnight? Even the roads around the Killmallock and Childers road roudabout had seemed to be overlooked.

grasscutter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Hi

I drove in from Bruff to work in the city this morning and had the misfortune to leave home at 8am and caught the worst of the snow. All the way in the roads didnt seem to have been gritted and were a bl**dy nightmare.

Any reason why there was no gritting done overnight? Even the roads around the Killmallock and Childers road roudabout had seemed to be overlooked.

grasscutter

was in work before the snow, will be like glass when the snow compacts & freezes over so DRIVE CARFULLY EVERYONE:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

1 bloody hour from town to work.
    It usually takes me 4 minutes.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was in before the snow. Still cold out so looks like it's going to be an interesting drive home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thats what worried me - the drive home. I normally go back roads into Hassetts cross, but came in through castletroy this morning as the back roads were treacherous.

Were being told to go home by 12 if conditions havent improved, as driving home at 5 this evening if it keeps snowing like this isnt an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Don't worry its raining. At 9.30 the snow was of the roads and people were still acting like assholes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

thanks heavens it pissed out
    i drove from norwood to the dock road in second gear
    took me half an hour, usually takes 7 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

thanks heavens it pissed out
    i drove from norwood to the dock road in second gear
    took me half an hour, usually takes 7 minutes

I was always told to drive in a high gear and low rev for icy conditions and a low gear with a high rev going through a flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

just thought id say from what i saw that snowy morning city people cant drive for s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

phog wrote: »
    I was always told to drive in a high gear and low rev for icy conditions and a low gear with a high rev going through a flood.
    Ya thats the way to do it as far as I know

Advertisement