Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooowwwww

Options
  • 04-01-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Haha, wifey has never seen anything like it, being from the tropical regions. When did we last have any decent snow in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Snow Snow Snow. So excited I hopped out of bed without any problem this morning. pity it won't last. In 15 years of living here I've never seen a decent snow in Galway. Combination of sea air and gulf stream make sure of that

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I can't wait for it to go. I used to snowboard and snow's grand and everything, but I hate it getting in the way of my day to day living:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep, I was amazed. Last time I saw it snowing, I was up a mountain in Kyoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Reminds me of the Spring of 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

We had decent snow about 3 yrs ago I think (prob lasted a couple of hours!)...snow is turning to usually gammy rain now as I type :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

SyxPak wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Spring of 1908

Wasn't much of a spring so, was it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Rain yay.
    So much for the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

no more snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

It was a beautiful thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It took me over 30 minutes to get to work, Snow is over-rated if you've got to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It took me over 30 minutes to get to work, Snow is over-rated if you've got to work

Me too but it was bearable, gave me a good excuse to be late (not that I need an excuse every other day). The novelty of scraping the snow off the car this morning was kind of fun, I'd probably get pissed off doing it every day though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Had a lie-in and missed it. Luckily a considerate cohabitant took photos :D No snowman potential from what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I was in a proper blizzard last week...up on a mountain in Nevada. Har.

The last proper snow we had in Galway was about five years ago, as best I can remember. The whole country shut down for a week over new year's as the roads were little more than strips of black ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mill street at 9 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Cool pic biko, any more from people would be appreciated.

I just left for uni back in the UK yesterday so missed all this. Hasn't had decent snow in Galway for years and the most recent I can remember was this horrible icy snow that did pretty painful damage to my brothers face when I flaked him with a 'snowball' of it years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oranmore at 10:25 this morning

2165165977_df08dde03d_o.jpg

Was completely gone an hour later......

Seven Worlds will Collide

Oranmore at 10:25 this morning

2165165977_df08dde03d_o.jpg

Was completely gone an hour later......

cool... I've never seen the o-side looking nicer.:D

Thanks RHG..........Did I see you in town Saturday about 2pm down around Augustine st ?

Nope.. Don't think so. Didn't leave the house at all on Saturday.

Probably just another random ginger twat... (we're everywhere)

LOL Good job I didn't say howya Red Haired Guy....and got a thump !

He was much taller then I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

only good thing was my massive drift while going around a roundabout on the way to work that morning.

There was noone around so i just went with it. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

only good thing was my massive drift while going around a roundabout on the way to work that morning.

There was noone around so i just went with it. Great fun.

Myself and some mates hired a car in Sweden years ago. We found ourselves in a deserted ice-covered car park in the middle of nowhere late at night. We had oodles of fun drifting around the place :D

... Damn drifters... bringing this town down *pthooo* (hits spitoon)

Advertisement