Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peep Toes & tights?

• 04-01-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

ok so my bro's bday party is coming up next week and i'm torn. I'm wearing a knee length dress and probably peep toes (black). I can't use fake tan for my life and am pretty much scared of turning orange! So i was thinking tights, which brings me to the above question.

Do tights (black or tan) look ridiculous with peep toes? I've notice alot of the fashion mags and celebs are wearing them etc but i'm worried of looking ridiculous in them. What do people think?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Yea, definitely wear tights even with the open toe shoes.

Pretty Polly do tights at the min called 'Open Toe Tights', they're made so all the toe doesn't have all the s**t around the toe area and are relatively clear like the rest of the tights!

I'm sure some of the high street stores also do these tights in different colours and designs!

If the dress is relatively plain and black and the shoes are black, then why not introduce a little bit of colour with the tights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

My dress isn't really that plain - it's like a grey/silver with black emboridery type on it and under netting so it would be plain black or the tan tights!

Do trends like this really transfer from the catwalk/mags to real life though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

either black or coloured tights will look good. Tan tights will look stupid. No one has pulled this off....and you can notice that they're tights even if you're wearing the special open toe tights. I think this can take away from someones look completely.

EDIT - are footless tights an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

personally I hate tights so would go without even if its cold. The tan ones will look odd (especially if the rest of you is white), while I think black ones just take away from a nice dress. Fake tan is not that hard to do- really it isn't. get yourself some tan wipes or fake tan and some disposable gloves and do a trial run beforehand. Just dont go for st tropez or that on your first go. Loreal do some good ones as do nivea. The wipes are also handy if its your first time. make sure you exfoiliate and mosituroise first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I've worn black tights with peeptoes quite the few times...it looks fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ruby19

Please dont wear full toe tights with peep toes unless you want to look like an 80 year old Granny!!! Not all catwalk trends are easy to transfer to everyday life and this is one that is hard to pull off. why not get a good spray tan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

Yes I agree with above do not wear peep toe shoes with full toe tights and try the spray tan they turn out lovely get it done two days before party. Your dress sounds to nice to ruin it with the open toe tights it wud take the whole look off your ourfit.

If you really do not want to get a tan done wear (full toe ) dark black tights but with high heels not open toe's. Try the dress on with tights and high heels see how it looks. Pennys is the best place to get tights very cheap and they last. :p

[EDIT - are footless tights an option?[/quote]

Footless i don't think is an option - it's quite dressy (i wore it to a black tie awards last year!)

Last thing i want is to look like a granny! I'll try the black tights and peep toes out and see what they like first. There is an equal like/dislike to them at the moment.

I have a loreal spray thingy that is quite light i can try that i suppose though last time i wore it it was totally uneven but didn't appear til late when everyone was drunk. I am totally hopeless with fake tan.

Yeah try it all on see what it looks like that is the best thing to do. Let us know how it looks.

Keep in mind the spray tan it is always an option... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There are different types of peep toe tights out there. Some have no stocking over the toes, it just catches between your toes, others have clear toe sections.

Tights are a much classier look than bare legs at this time of year and I would definitely wear them with peep toes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i think black tights with peep toes are fine altogether even the tan ones look fine if only your big toe is sticking out. as my mother says if they are going to be looking at you they wont be looking at your shoes- which im sure are very pretty but you get the jist. im sure it will be fine i wore black tights with peep toes to the afters of the wedding on new years and no one recoiled in horror honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

chuci wrote: »
    i think black tights with peep toes are fine altogether even the tan ones look fine if only your big toe is sticking out. as my mother says if they are going to be looking at you they wont be looking at your shoes- which im sure are very pretty but you get the jist. im sure it will be fine i wore black tights with peep toes to the afters of the wedding on new years and no one recoiled in horror honest

I agree,i think some lovely tan tights will look fab.Nothing looks worse than sticky fake tan in the winter though.Get youreself into Arnotts or Brown Thomas and get some of the more expensive ones(wolford,Falke,etc...) They will wear and look better than normal cheap Dunnes/Pennys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Would you consider fishets?

Would you consider fishets?

With Peeptoes? never thought of it really.

Just on the tights you guys were talking about don't suppose Debenhams do them? i'm nowhere near Arnott BT's this weekend.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I wore some lovely purple fishnets with black peep toes last night and it looked rather nice actually. Something to consider if your dress is plain-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think black or coloured tights would look fine with peeptoes. Go for it. Anyone who thinks you'd look like a granny is *way* behind the times! :D

I hate fake tan personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lyndy

Forget about the fake tan i think and go with the tights,im sure Debenhams would have a good selection. Micronet/Fishnet tights might be good but be sure to put on a pair of light tan tights underneath to add a little colour otherwise your legs might look pale through the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

Get a nice pair of tights! A very bright coloured pair of fishnets would be nice or some really nice grey ones. Peep toes with tights are really cute. If you do fishnets, make sure your toenails are painted!

Just a quick update!

Tried the black tights with black peeptoes - and tbh i look a unbalanced - if that makes sense. The dress is strapless so my top half is bare and legs covered, looks odd i think. The tan tights pretty much the same thing. so i'm going for the "to dare to go bare" option.

Hey i'm sure the pale look is coming back! ha!

Thanks for the tips and advice - much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'd wear thick black tights with your peep toe shoes if I were you. I was in this situation recently and just wore the normal 60 dernier or whatever the thick ones are with my dress with black peep toe heels and it looked really good.

• Advertisement

What did you wear in the end????? :p

I went au natural!! with tiny tiny hint of tan! Turned out well though.

Have a black tie awards do in a few weeks so am reconsidering the whole peep toes and tights for that do! Different Dress!

CHeers for all the advice!!!

Advertisement