Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up for a weekend trip?

• 04-01-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

OK so I've seen old threads where someone tried to organise a big snowboarding/ski trip, and they usually don't work from what I can see.

So I think I have a better suggestion, how about a group getting together for (long) weekend trips?

My story is that I live in Dublin and have a big trip planned in St. Anton in Feb but I'd love to go before then, most of the people I know are not in a position to go though...sound familiar?

I suggest anyone interested should reply, then we could arrange a few pints in town to get to know each other and if you're still interested then go for it. I mean if you're still reading this then there's a good chance you're a snow junky right??

Why it will work:
    It will feed our addiction to snow.
    Short breaks are easier to organise, 1/2 days off work.
    If you're flexible then we can jump on a plane and get the best powder in europe!
    It will give you good practice for your main holiday.
    It starts and most likely ends with alcohol :D

Rules:
    Let everyone have his or her say.
    No egos! The idea is to have fun :)

Let me know what you think...

Willy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Great idea WillyWonka.

Consider me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Sounds ideal. I'm a definate maybe! Will have to check the finances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I live in Austria but i'm in in principle too (anywhere in Austria/maybe Italy).

The problems I see are getting accommodation for a weekend. Most places like booking Saturday to Saturday. Saturday - Monday/Tues might work because of this but then flights will probably be quite expensive. Once mid march comes though it should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Imposter wrote: »
    I live in Austria but i'm in in principle too (anywhere in Austria/maybe Italy).

The problems I see are getting accommodation for a weekend. Most places like booking Saturday to Saturday. Saturday - Monday/Tues might work because of this but then flights will probably be quite expensive. Once mid march comes though it should be ok.

Hotel room would sort that problem, not the cheapest option though. I'm sure we could find a deal somewhere. Where are you based in Austria Imposter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Hotel room would sort that problem, not the cheapest option though. I'm sure we could find a deal somewhere. Where are you based in Austria Imposter?
    I'm in Linz. It's about 70-80 mins from Salzburg by car. Over 2+ hours to the decent resorts though :( especially at weekends.

• Advertisement

Getting itchy feet now....

Is it too early to start planning a date(s)?

Anyone else interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I'm deffo interested in the idea of this (but probably not able to make this trip). My main trip is to L2A on 16th Feb.

My problem is that I'll be away from this weekend for about a month in Asia. Love the idea of this tho ... might be an idea for future years. Well done OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

me and a few mates are headin for some weekend action maybe early march... we have our main trip next week so we gotta get the save on again after!! ha ha!

so if there is some sort of group trip goin on around then were in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I am interested in that...Just back from St Anton-8 Days Skiing on perfect snow-Did 4 days with Guide/instructor, spent most of the time Off piste Skiing, or as he called them-Private Pistes!

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I am interested in that...Just back from St Anton-8 Days Skiing on perfect snow-Did 4 days with Guide/instructor, spent most of the time Off piste Skiing, or as he called them-Private Pistes!

Sounds cool Kaisr, I'm off there in 36 days time myself so if you have any pointers that'd be cool.

I was thinking of doing a 3/4 day weekend at the end of Jan but not so sure now, looks like it could be March before I can realistically go, but I'd never rule anything out. I've looked up some resorts like Kitzbuhel and Laax that have decent hostels with private rooms, this might get around the Sat-Sat booking problem...if people are willing to slum it in a hostel with a private room ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 snowbyrd

Hi WW -

I'm headed to St.Anton Feb 2-6 and have private guide arranged for myself - I hear the off piste is amazing and can't wait! Would be willing to share - the more the merrier (to a point!) - Cheap flights on Aer Lingus €35 each way to Zurich right now for these dates...

I also would be interested in later trips as well...

let me know

SB

Hey guys,

Is anyone free in February for long weekend? 2nd or 3rd week preferably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I am off to St Anton on the 16-23 Feb. If thats suitable to anyone -drop me a PM. The earlier trip, interesting as it sounds is not possible. Also considering a trip around 15-22 March, depending on the snowfall,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm going to Oberstdorf 9th - 14th Feb

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I am off to St Anton on the 16-23 Feb. If thats suitable to anyone -drop me a PM. The earlier trip, interesting as it sounds is not possible. Also considering a trip around 15-22 March, depending on the snowfall,

I'll be in St. Anton that same week.

long weekend not really possible until late march for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

im lookin mid march for a long weekend.. random flight and rent a car!!! any suggestions or taggers-a-long is alllll goood!!!!!!

Advertisement