Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

male ferret needed

Options
  • 04-01-2008 11:40am

My femaile ferret has just gone into heat. She is actually very early , i didnt expect it till march. If she is not bread , there is a good chance she will die. She is a house pet and very tame. i am looking to breed her once and then have her neutered . Does anybody know were i can go to get a male ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

This person seems to breed them, it's an old advert but they may be able to help; http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/51/13892451.html

Thats actually were i got my female from :) That was a once off breeding also. Cant seem to find anybody else selling them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

Have you tried petstores that sell ferrets? Cabinteely petstore sometimes has ferrets and they are from the lady who works there so she must have a breeding male. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Why not spay her?

Ferrets come into heat according to the lengthening of daylight. It has little to do with the month.

I want to breed her once, and then have her spay. Right now i am going to give her a shot . Will give me time to find a suitable mate

• Advertisement

I managed to get the Jill jab this week and i was just wondering if anybody knows how long it will be before the swelling down below stops ? I am just a bit worried .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Does a ferret really die if not bred? What is the reason for this in nature?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Does a ferret really die if not bred? What is the reason for this in nature?

Ugly female ferrets die out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just get an ugly male ferret

brianmc wrote: »
    Ugly female ferrets die out?

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Females stay in heat until they find a mate.. this kills the ferret by blood loss

Ok thanks

Well not blood loss, its more that while they are in heat , they are open to infection. But they do not come out of heat untill they actually become pregnant .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Love&Light

Are Ferrets really good for control of rodents (rats in particular). How trainable are they ?

I think there's a guy near where I live with Ferrets who had babies advertised for sale. If the number is still in the shop window I will get it for you. He may have a male !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kev-SkinTicket4

Love&Light wrote: »
    Are Ferrets really good for control of rodents (rats in particular). How trainable are they ?

I think there's a guy near where I live with Ferrets who had babies advertised for sale. If the number is still in the shop window I will get it for you. He may have a male !

would you mind forwarding the number to me too? i'm in the same situation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nata79

Love&Light wrote: »

Can you mail for me too please :)

Advertisement