Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit for Winter?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have a summer suit (have no idea what ml as got in Aldi) was using it in Nov and was fine. Has the water got much colder, do i need to buy a winter suit? What would you recommend?. I have booties and gloves will i need a hood too for the next few months?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

I use my wetsuit 4mm right through the year, in winter I use a vest-hoodie thing: Furnace-vest-with-hood.gif
    They help beeg time!!!
    Its more the wind chill that gets to me in winter + trying to put on a wet wetsuit :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RoxyChick

Thanks Builadong,do you know what MM the hood vest thing is?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It is probably a 3x2, you'd be much better off with a 5x4 for winter, I use one of those all year round

A hood would make a good difference too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

RoxyChick wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a summer suit (have no idea what ml as got in Aldi) was using it in Nov and was fine. Has the water got much colder, do i need to buy a winter suit? What would you recommend?. I have booties and gloves will i need a hood too for the next few months?
    Cheers

I've found the water a good deal colder now then it was in November, dunno what the tempertaures are (and thats with the added xmas fat which should be keeping me warmer), I know I wouldnt survive in my Summer suit at the moment, I'd be too cold and wouldnt be able to enjoy myself.

Just too add, can anyone recommend a decent pair of gloves, I've tried the 3mm and I find it hard to paddle/swim with them on, it just doesnt feel right BUT my hands almost died last week in the water, whats the thinnest you can get and does less then 3mm work in the cold, I assume the thickness doesnt matter as much aslong as you can keep the water off of your hands, I've seen 1.5mm is there thinner again?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

http://www.ewetsuits.com
    Scottish based wetsuit and watersports manufacturing company,dirt cheap,and going by the reviews just as good as the "leading brands"!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whammy

different wetsuits suit different people. just like shoes arent all made from the same template.

not all mediums are gonna fit you perfect, etc.

so try a few on, winter wetsuits will cost ya. id advise ya to get an attached hood, no flushing. and when it gets warmer just pull the hood down, doesnt get in your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

wideangle wrote: »
    http://www.ewetsuits.com
    Scottish based wetsuit and watersports manufacturing company,dirt cheap,and going by the reviews just as good as the "leading brands"!!

Well I purchased one of the above wetsuits in triple xl ordered last Tuesday and recieved last Thurdsay,got a hood to go with it came to 107 euro including post.Went bodyboarding in it yesterday,makes a huge differance.:D

I know it is risky guessing your size in when you cannot try it on first,but you can allways contact them and ask what how does it measure up too the suit you allready have..if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Wetsuits for £84stg in the Billabong shop in the Junction1 outlet centre in Antrim. Most sizes avail. Pretty good value i think.

Advertisement