Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The abbrs used on boards.ie thread

Options
  • 04-01-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm presuming I'm not the only one on here that doesn't know what most of the GTFO, FTW, QFT, UTFSEFFS stuff means, so you know the drill, if you have ever used one could you post it up with the full translation for me and my fellow ignorami? (now that has to be a word, I'm sure i've seen it written down). So far I've just made up my own meanings to them, all of them nonsensical in the context they are used, but hey your have to amuse yourself some how. I understand FTW means "For the win" so i'm one up already, now for the rest of them. (By the way, see how I slipped abbrs right there into the very thread title of the thread about abbreviations, see, see how I did that, take a look, see how I did that my friend, hey, huh? see? Clever yes?, yeah you know you like that, admit it!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

slipss wrote: »
    UTFSEFFS

Ustinov's traveling sex emporium for ****ing swiftly? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

slipss wrote: »
    (By the way, see how I slipped abbrs right there into the very thread title of the thread about abbreviations, see, see how I did that, take a look, see how I did that my friend, hey, huh? see? Clever yes?, yeah you know you like that, admit it!)

"See how i tricked you there!". well played sir.

Eh, im in the same boat more or less, i think QFT is Quoted For Truth or something or other, +1 is agreeing with a post (not an abbr obv), obv is obviously lol, which brings me to lol = laugh out loud (no less), lmao = laughing my ass off, which i have no idea what it literally means. My ass has never actually fallen off whilst laughing heartily. lmfao inserts an expletive of some description in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

GTFO = Get the f**k Out?
    QFT = Quoted for truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

UTFSEFFS?
    Use the fúcking search, for fúcks sake. With the extra "E" added for phonetic effect?

GTFO: Get the fúck out.
    QFT: Quoted for truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Terry wrote: »
    UTFSEFFS?
    Use the fúcking search, for fúcks sake. With the extra "E" added for phonetic effect?

GTFO: Get the fúck out.
    QFT: Quoted for truth.

I'll take an E for Engine please Bob?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

[SIZE=-1]Lisa: "Come to Homer's BBBQ, the extra 'B' is for BYOBB".
    Bart: What's that extra B for?
    Homer Simpson: That's a typo. [/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

www.urbandictionary.com defines a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'll take an E for Engine please Bob?
    QFT, +1, Etcetera, and other things and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH with a permanent redirect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

lol = laugh out loud
    ....I always thought that meant "lots of laughs". ohhhwww I've been making an ass out my self *runs off weeping*

• Advertisement
Advertisement