Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger trigger

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

a friend of mine has a ruger 77/22. takes a huge amount of pressure to squeeze the trigger. we're wondering if anyone has experience where to get a replacement trigger assembly or if anyones come across this kind of problem and just changed springs etc. any help appreciated on this cos it is a mule of a thing as it is.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

What part of the country are you in ?
    There are a couple of gunsmiths around the place one in Waterford one in Athlone and one near Portlaoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

There's a pretty good selection aftermarket triggers out there for the 77 series rifles, here are a few to be having a look-
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/catsearch.aspx?c=3279&p=4816

The rimfirecentral.com 'Ruger - Other' forum has a few threads on the subject too.

Here's a DIY walkthrough-
    http://www.centerfirecentral.com/77trigger.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Get a timney trigger.expensive but worth it.stakelum's in Urlingford have one I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

thanks for the quick replys so far folks. heard of the timney ones before alright, just nowhere to get one. based in cork, but willing to travel a bit. any chance of a number for that guy in urlingford? even by pm or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Remmy wrote: »
    Get a timney trigger.expensive but worth it.stakelum's in Urlingford have one I believe.

Seen one there the other day. About 100e. I think a good gunsmith is required to fit it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Jonty wrote: »
    Seen one there the other day. About 100e. I think a good gunsmith is required to fit it.

If you go near a gunsmith have him sweeten the rifles own trigger,got one done in donegal on a ruger rifle and he left it at 2 lb for 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

thats plenty of info for the buddy. if he doesnt find a solution from this he never will! thanks to everyone that helped out.

Advertisement