Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Engine - Oil Change Question

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just to start, I know nothing about engines so sorry if this is a dumb question. :o

Major problems so had new engine put into the car in early December. Garage told me it was essential to come back after 1000 miles for oil change.

Car was at 65,370 miles before engine change so I marked 66,370 on my calender.

Yesterday I hit 66,300 so this morning I rang to book the car in. Earliest they can fit me in is wednesday morning.

Here's the problem, when I was off the phone I double checked I had the new service booklet and I noticed they had marked down 65,250 as the milage when engine was changed.

Not a big problem but it means i'm technically already over the 1000 miles and will be a fair bit over come Wednesday.

I haven't ran the new engine hard at all so I'm guessing the extra few hundred miles wont cause any damage to it...

But will this cause any problems with the warrenty on the new engine? Says warrenty is void if it's not changed at 1000.

Surely 1200 or so wont be an issue?? Please tell me i'm worrying over nothing :)

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd say it'll be fine.:)

Advertisement