Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item delivered to someone else

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

ordered some cards from volumerate and they were delivered to someone else in Sandyford with my clondalkin address clearly written on the package.

Is there someone in particluar i contact in an post to get my money back?

volumerate gave me a tracking number which says signed for by Denise in Sandyford on the EMS website.

?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

well, unless you are Denise from Sandyford, or your address states you are Denise from Sandyford, or Denise from Sandyford paid, they haven't got a leg to stand on. It was signed for by the wrong person at a different address, seems like someone in an post f*cked up and didnt do their job properly.

So presumably someone at the Sandyford office?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does the delivery man not look at the things he's delivering? Surely something twigged when he was in Sandyford with post adressed to someone in Clondalkin?

Has Denise from Sandyford not been back on to AN Post to say she got something deliverd in error?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Stekelly wrote: »
    Does the delivery man not look at the things he's delivering? Surely something twigged when he was in Sandyford with post adressed to someone in Clondalkin?

Has Denise from Sandyford not been back on to AN Post to say she got something deliverd in error?

You would think. I'd say I personally get letters delivered to my address maybe 5 or 6 times a year that are not addressed to me at all. As it's a city centre apartment I live in, if I leave the post back it gets opened by someone else in the block and never returned/delivered. Same goes for all the post either delivered incorrectly or to someone who has moved, it all gets opened and not returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

if 2 R4 cards came to your house by mistake would you sign for them and keep them?

Not expecting them back but want the feckin money from AN post and a signed receipt to ensure i get my money back.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I doubt An Post will deal with you. It is normally up to the sender to make a claim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement