Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 3th Round Thrills 'n Spills

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

just me or are luton fans shouting something everytime crouch gets a touch??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Liverpool do a "liverpool" and score against the run of play, luton equalise few minutes later in the run of play.

Liverpool are definitley the worst of the bunch from the best league in the world this weekend.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Soby wrote: »
    just me or are luton fans shouting something everytime crouch gets a touch??

"Frankenstein's albino gonk"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Liverpool do a "liverpool" and score against the run of play, luton equalise few minutes later in the run of play.

Liverpool are definitley the worst of the bunch from the best league in the world this weekend.

kdjac

its a team that half of them havent played in ages or together,that harsh,loton are playing out of their skins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

em Blackburn, Bolton, Everton, Birmingham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

1-1
    pool and luton

sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why the hell do the commentators on BBC ( mark Bright and ?) keep calling Rozenhal Rosenthal? Is it that difficult to read a name off a bit of paper, especially on ethey would come in contact with through doing MOTD. It's not even 1 its both of them.

Probably remembering back to the legend that was Ronnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shay Given is keeping Newcastle in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thank god I have no drain cleaner in the gaff, I'd be tempted to drink it watching this rubbish game. God only knows how the Newcastle fans can watch this !! Awful game!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

yea its tough alright but i would have thought a neutral would enjoy it .. pinball stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No way, there is no real skill or flow to the game. Its extremely annoying especially given some of the extremely skillful players on the Newcastle team.

as a toon supporter it is painfull anyway but so has been the past couple of years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Stoke playing really well, fair play to them.

they played with heart on the sleeves, indeed fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Lot of premiership casualties at the first hurdle. Notably form teams like Villa, Everton and Blackburn. I thought these teams had a decent chance to have a good cup run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

*cough* ahhh yeah, we ( Blackburn ) are gonna be concentrating on the league! yeah, thats the official line, we'll go with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DesF wrote: »
    Shay Given is keeping Newcastle in the game.

world class keeper. tis an awful pity he is so dedicated to newcasle but i admire him more for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Newcastle were poor I thought.

So many misplaced passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Great weekend for the underdogs.Luton deserved their replay but Oldham take the plaudids for me.Who said the FA cup has been ruined ?

• Advertisement

In fairness it has been ruined. Many of the top teams getting knocked out due to underperforming and fielding weakened sides (not because the minnows are playing above themselves).

Man United started a fashion trend when they dropped out entirely in 2000. The other top sides are just following suit by showing their contempt.

I'd say before long we'll have top teams given bye's into round subsequent rounds of the FA cup just like in League Cup where european qualifying teams get the day off in round 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally, I think a good idea was the one Platini had, which was make it a CL spot. I think we'd see teams going nuts for it then.

Also I like the idea of making the league cup outside the top 4. Anyone who gets CL football can't play in it, then it would free up some fixture congestion for those clubs too.

You'd have to extend that exclusion to UEFA cup teams as well. For example Middlesbro played 15 UEFA cup games in 05-06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pigman II wrote: »
    In fairness it has been ruined. Many of the top teams getting knocked out due to underperforming and fielding weakened sides (not because the minnows are playing above themselves).

Man United started a fashion trend when they dropped out entirely in 2000. The other top sides are just following suit by showing their contempt.

I'd say before long we'll have top teams given bye's into round subsequent rounds of the FA cup just like in League Cup where european qualifying teams get the day off in round 2.

So how come the winners keep coming from the top 4 then?

Stekelly wrote: »
    So how come the winners keep coming from the top 4 then?

Because they have deep squads that (usually) get them thru the early rounds. Watch Bolton try the same trick and fall flat on their arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Aye. That fact is McShane was running back at full speed to put in a tackle to make up for Johnny Evans' mistake. If that was McShane that made the mistake Pigman probably wouldn't mention the og and just focus on McShane. He's dying for him to fail.
    I watched the goal again and Agahowa actually gets to the ball a few milliseconds before McShane.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZaxfUr_aQ

I actually think McShane has no fault at all for that. Just unfortunate.

A few of the papers described the first goal as "a mix up between McShane and Nosworthy". All because McShane gave out to Nosworthy for losing his man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

PHB wrote: »
    Personally, I think a good idea was the one Platini had, which was make it a CL spot. I think we'd see teams going nuts for it then.

That's potentially a good idea. FA Cup winners go through instead of 4th place in the league. Thing is the top 4 win the cup every season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

aidan24326 wrote: »
    That's potentially a good idea. FA Cup winners go through instead of 4th place in the league. Thing is the top 4 win the cup every season anyway.

Can't agree but as you said top 4 normally win FA Cup. Think it is a non starter anyway.

Advertisement