Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best option for me

Options
  • 04-01-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi All

I am living in a shared rented house which was connected with an Eircom phone line up to about a year ago but which was disconnected when a tenant moved out.

I am going to need to get broadband for work but am wondering which would be the best and cheapest option for me. We will never use a landline phone in the house so I am basically wondering if there is an option available to me where I can get broadband relatively cheaply through the phone line or will it always cost about 50 quid because of line rental etc?

Mobile isnt really an option for me for VPN'ing and remote control...

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Fixed wireless is best no-line-rental option. Can be same or better than phone line broadband. I use VPN, VLC and VNC to/from my connection.

Advertisement