Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to add a second SATA HDD

Options
  • 04-01-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Im trying to add a second SATA HDD. Connected it all up fine. The problem is My Computer doesnt see my drive. If I go to Device manager its there, it shows up in the BIOS, it shows up everywhere except My Computer. What do I have to do to get it working? Bought it off Komplett but it came with no instructions or anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Right Click My Computer, Click Manage, Disk Management, look for new hard drive in there (Probably will say not initialised), right click to the left on it, click initialize hard disk and then format it (Create partition), you'll then have the hard disk working ;)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

That worked, thanks alot Nick! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

howdy folks
    i have the same problem as discussed in this post and i have done what yoyo suggested but still i cant see the new drive in my computer.

any ideas what next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

found the problem. when formating i never assigned a drive letter, doh, which obviously left it hidden.

Advertisement