Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remaining fixtures

• 04-01-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Not long left to go, here's what we're looking at:
    Tue 22 Jan V Trinity Biotech
    Tue 29 Jan V Coffin Dodgers
    Tue 5 Feb V Trinity Biotech
    Tue 12 Feb V SS Rovers (I'll be away on hols)
    Tue 19 Feb V Coffin Dodgers (I'll be still away)
    Tue 4 Mar V Dunbar Pensioners

Forget whatever the league table says, we don't know what to expect from Trinity & Coffin Dodgers so we have to get switched on because we can't afford to assume all our upcoming opposition will be as unorganised as teams we've recently played.

It's only by playing against better players you really test yourself because a better team will expose any weaknesses and punish mistakes, like last fiasco V SS Rovers when we threw away a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3. I think we're a lot stronger now than we were at the start of the season but in fairness the team hasn't changed all that much. I'll be going mad missing that SS Rovers game because that looks like a very important fixture but if we were to feck up between now and then it'll have no relevance.

Anyway all we can do is keep plugging away knowing that whatever our final league position is, it will be fully deserved. Right now we look dead certs for 4th, but 2nd or 3rd is not beyond us it just means teams above us slipping up and dropping points which is a very good possibility considering they all have to play each other.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Actually this might interest some:

SS Rovers fixtures:
    FWH, IFG, Eddie Rockets (twice!), us, Dunbar

Dunbar fixtures:
    IFG, Trinity, FWH, Ravenhill, SS, us

FWH fixtures:
    SS, IBM, Dunbar, Trinity, Coffin, Eddie Rockets, Ravenhill

What does all that mean for us? No idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll miss the game on the 29th as i'll be away more than likely. Though there's a chance I might be around. **** that you'll miss the SS Rovers game Sav. That to me is the big one. Revenge and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'll miss the game on the 29th as i'll be away more than likely. Though there's a chance I might be around. **** that you'll miss the SS Rovers game Sav. That to me is the big one. Revenge and all that

Yep I'll be away for that Coffin Dodgers game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

i'll be away for the trinity biotech game

Stat attack warning...

If the 3 teams above us collect 15pts from their remaining games, we cannot finish higher than 4th. That's also assuming we were to pick up maximum points. Unfortunately the cold hard truth is that, combined with a mammoth effort from ourselves, we are relying on other results to go our way. I think it would be wishful thinking to suggest all the other 3 teams will drop enough points for us to catch up.

My own prediction is that FWH will probably finish top, their run-in is a bit less demanding and even if they lose to Dunbar. Remember Dunbar have to play us, FWH and SS, so I cannot see them getting 9pts from those 3 games. If they do they deserve to win it.

Basically our game V SS will decide who gets 3rd and our game V Dunbar will probably decide 2nd. Place yar bets.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    Tue 5 Feb V Trinity Biotech

Shels v Rovers that night :(:(:(

That the eircom league of extraordinary gentlemen? pfft.
    Boardeaux ftw.

WeAreShels wrote: »
    Shels v Rovers that night :(:(:(

Pfft, it's only a friendly

Pfft, it's only a friendly

I'll obviously still be playing but would have been nice to be at a game with some sort of an atmosphere this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I'll obviously still be playing but would have been nice to be at a game with some sort of an atmosphere this season :D

maybe if boardeaux are going for a league title, then we will get the crowds back and ul have all the atmosphere u need??!!...i remember reading about the days when that lad used to follow our games week in week out. he has been missed i tell you :p

• Advertisement

Trinity are playing Coffin Dodgers tomorrow at 9 in 3 rock. Now seeing as we've played neither team before and have 4 games against them coming up someone should scot them. I'm willing to go if someone picks me up from DCU :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

I'll head along to that for a look. nothin else on tomorrow. send me a pm with your number martin and ill text ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm after asking Geoff if he fancies going out, but if he doesn't, I'll jump in that car aswell Shay.

OK no need.

Geoff is coming too, so see you lads out there?

Trinity are playing Coffin Dodgers tomorrow at 9 in 3 rock. Now seeing as we've played neither team before and have 4 games against them coming up someone should scot them. I'm willing to go if someone picks me up from DCU :D

Study is going well then yeah? :p

Study is going well then yeah? :p

Too ****ing right it is :D

I'll head along to that for a look. nothin else on tomorrow. send me a pm with your number martin and ill text ya

That game is today Shay. When i said tomorrow it was 2 in the morning and i meant today. PMed you my number anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

yeah? f**k . good thing you told me. What the hell were you doing on boards at 2 in the morning anyway!

ill give you a text now, lets hope this f*&king rain stops

The rain is effing torrential over this side of the city too lads.

I work about ten mins from Three Rock.

It looks I'll be asking Noah for a lift home at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

DesF wrote: »
    The rain is effing torrential over this side of the city too lads.

I work about ten mins from Three Rock.

It looks I'll be asking Noah for a lift home at this rate.

I've to play tonight...

...in 3 rock at 10PM...

...in goal :(

• Advertisement

yeah? f**k . good thing you told me. What the hell were you doing on boards at 2 in the morning anyway!

ill give you a text now, lets hope this f*&king rain stops

Lucky I read your post again. My sleep pattern is ****ed up after christmas. Going to bed at 5 in the morning at the moment

Iago wrote: »
    I've to play tonight...

...in 3 rock at 10PM...

...in goal :(

Don't fancy that :D Might watch some of that game as well if the weather isn't biblical. Someone bring a heater for the dugouts lads

Woeful game between Dodgers and Trinity last night. Dodgers won 1-0 with a cracking goal. They play some nice ball. All technically good players. Just lacking pace. Trinity were poor but had one particularly good player. Also both sides may have been msising players with the weather so it might not be a proper reflection on them.

Fred West and SS drew 1-1 last night and Dunbar beat IFG. What that means is that if we win all our remaing matches, we will finish above SS no matter what they do. But if my maths are right, we can't win the league by winning our last 6 games and other combination of results within the top 3. ie one of the lower teams will have to beat Dubar or Fred West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, looks like you're right Martin - looks like FWH have the easiest run in - Dunbar play both us & SS Rovers in their last 2 games, and SS play both us and Dunbar, though should have 6 points in the bag from Eddie Rockets. Looks like SS Rovers are missing a fixture on the site. It's the 1-0 against IBM that is killing us, though I have my fingers crossed they do us a favour or 2.

If we take the 18 points remaining we'll be thereabouts and that's all we can focus on now.

I'll be in Barcelona on work for the Coffin Dodgers game and am supposed to be in Rome on the Tuesday of the Trinity game for an event the next day, but am hoping to rearrange my flight so I can fly early the next morning to make the game. Have a meeting with my consultant next Thursday to plan the surgery on my legs so will know when that will happen and recovery period after that - fingers crossed I can make 5 out of the last 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we can still win the league, but second is now more of a real possibility. We can now defo finish above SS rovers by winning our game in hand and beating them in 4 weeks time. We should, if we approach as we have done the last 5, win the next 3 games, but it wont be easy.this puts us in some position then, cos i have a feeling that ss rovers will draw with fred west ham and dunbar will also draw with them. that means, i think, that if we were to win all our games, we can finish on 42 points, the same as Dunbar!!!inother words, if results go our way and we do our own bit,then we can enter the last game, 3 points behind!

I would love it if we could beat them, love it
    :D

Advertisement