Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80si shower flowing cold

• 04-01-2008 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi I'm new here, my problem is with a Triton T80si shower which is about six years old. For some time its been going cold during showers but now its not heating at all. If its turned to maximum it gets hot but then theres only a trickle of water from it. If its turned down even very little it goes cold. Is there anything I can try from a DIY point of view or must I call in the repair man or maybe just get a new shower.

I did a search here but didn't manage to come up with the answer so all opinions are welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Titainus

sounds like a problem with the thermostat
    if i remember correctly,the T80si is a pumped shower. so low water pressure might also be the problem
    then again the low water presure may have been what resulted in the problem with the thermostat ,
    get a electrician to look at it.
    if he cant identify the probelm get a new shower

but my money would be on the thermostat being the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Thanks for your reply Titainus. This particular shower is not a pumped one. I'll try to get an electrician to have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i have one of them same issue, not an elecrical or plumbing problem, its a crap shower problem.

i have to turn it to 9 for a bit then lower it back to 7ish, does it intermittently for no apparent reason.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

The T80 is a poor quality shower from my experience. It is fed directly from the mains. As mains water pressure fluctuates the shower runs hot and cold! Drives you nuts!

The T90 is a much better job, but needs to be fed from a tank and requires a few feet of head pressure.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement