Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

• 04-01-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Having recently bought a Mac Mini in that PC World Deal, my plan is to hook it into my TV but need a keyboard and mouse for my surfing needs and such.

Any recommendations either online or in "brick and mortar" stores?

Most of the Bluetooth keyboards and mouse sets i've found suffer from either a chunky mouse or a massive keyboard. Would like something fairly small so i can hide it away down the side of the couch! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I got one of these before Christmas and I couldn't praise it enough.

It's a wireless keyboard with built in touch pad (No need for mouse).

It's neat & tidy & is exceptionally responsive & easy to set up.

They can be hard to get from time to time & I'm guessing that it's down to demand out striping supply.

Best of all, they're under forty bucks.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=47XB&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=KEYSONIC&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quite nice gadgetman.. would ideally like a bluetooth keyboard to take advantage of the Mac Mini in-built bluetooth but that does look perfect.

Am planning on ordering one or two VGA cables from Dabs.ie so this might be ideal.

Thanks for that!

basquille wrote: »
    Quite nice gadgetman.. would ideally like a bluetooth keyboard to take advantage of the Mac Mini in-built bluetooth but that does look perfect.

Am planning on ordering one or two VGA cables from Dabs.ie so this might be ideal.

Thanks for that!

Well, it's just another option worth knowing about.

I have to say again though, everything about this keyboard is good, It works great, looks even better then it does on the picture & feels great to use.

Read the reviews for it ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Cheers mate.

Might look for a place that has it in stock though! :D

3 - 4 weeks is a bit too long considering i'm itching to use the Mac Mini and that's been sitting in it's box since Thursday.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that but think i'll wait.

Another thing i noticed is they don't list Mac OSX in their supported operating systems - might be a problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Very nice quazzy.. thanks for that.

But the idea of the integrated touchpad in the Keysonic keyboard has won me over all the same.

Found out from EBuyer in the comments that it apparently does work on Mac but now just trying to find someplace that has it in stock and doesn't try to screw me for shipping & handling charges is another thing/

Arrgghh.. great price from Amazon.

But they don't ship electronics over here! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hey Bas,

Check out elara

http://www.elara.ie/products/results.asp?srch=&anyallexact=all&manu=KEYSONIC&productcode=&mancode=&searchBtn=Search+%3E

Looks like that have the keyboard you are looking for and you can collect from their premises in dublin if you want.

[edit] spoke too soon - out of stock until the 16th Jan - sorry[/edit]

• Advertisement

quazzy wrote: »
    Hey Bas,

Check out elara

http://www.elara.ie/products/results.asp?srch=&anyallexact=all&manu=KEYSONIC&productcode=&mancode=&searchBtn=Search+%3E

Looks like that have the keyboard you are looking for and you can collect from their premises in dublin if you want.

[edit] spoke too soon - out of stock until the 16th Jan - sorry[/edit]
    Cheers for that quazzy.

Spotted it on Elara alright - but won't be near Dublin is the only problem.

I'll probably just order it from Dabs considering it works out at about €43 with delivery there. The funny thing is i wanted to order 2 VGA cables with them as well and that brings up shipping to €13.50 (over 0.75kg).

So what i'm gonna do is order the VGA cables (which will be €5 shipping) and the keyboard seperately (which is another €5 shipping) saving €3.50 on shipping. The people in Dabs need to re-assess their shipping rates! :D

EDIT: Have ordered from Dabs.ie now anyways. Cheers for the help lads.

Just recieved the Keysonic Keyboard today... tis great!

Cheers for the recommendation gadgetman496.

You're welcome,

I told you that you would like it :)

Now go & enjoy ;)

-

Advertisement