Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Travel Query

• 04-01-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

This is a bit random but any help would be appreciated..

Does anyone have experience travelling out to UCD in the morning rush hour from Dublin city centre? Few questions..

Is the 46A far superior to the 10 due to its less windy route or is there not much of a difference in terms of time?

What time would one want to be at the bus stop in town in order to get to UCD for 9am? What is the average journey time and does it differ greatly from day to day?

Does it make a big difference which bus stop you stand at? Like if you were to stand on Nassau St as opposed to O'Connell St, thus missing the Trinity windaround - does that save a bit of time? I'd imagine once the bus gets off the Green it goes quite fast as the traffic is mostly going the other way..

Anyway, help from fellow commuters much appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

46a is definitely quicker by about 5-10 minutes roughly so i would say to be safe be at bus stop in o'connell street at 8.20.
    Getting on at nassau street would definitely save a bit of time. Getting out of o'connell street can take some time especially in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

One of the many X busses are the fastest way, though they are more expensive and I dont know if they run outside of term time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Hmm...I generally have one of those 7 day ticket things so price doesn't matter..

Do those X buses stop on O'Connell St?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=UCD
    Here is a list of all buses servicing (he he) UCD. Click on each route number to see where it goes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

Wait at Trinity and get an X, during the rush hour you generally won't be waiting longer than 5 minutes for one. By far the fastest and will drop you on campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

The X is a life saver if you're in a rush, I find that the real killer time-wise on the 46A or the 10 is that once you hit Dennybrook there are a ridiculous number of stops and lots of people getting on and off. The Xs don't hit any of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

The X buses do run outside term time. And are super quick since few people are getting on or off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

So the general feeling is that the quickest way out is to be at the Nassau St. stop at about 8.20 and wait for an X? They all pass through town around that time I reckon.

Thanks for all the advice people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Some of the X's stop at the 10 bus stop at the main enterance to Trinity too. But yeah, X all the way :)

Advertisement