Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 controller keyboard

• 04-01-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Was thinking about buying one of these to speed up the time taking to reply to messages on Live and when using MSN.

Anyone on here have/use one? They looke really handy but are they practical I've only seen pics of them, I've big hands and don't want to spend €40 on somthing that is too small for me to use.

qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

can you use a usb keyboard with the 360?

Do you do enough messaging to warrant the purchase? Personally I wouldn't use it and I def wouldn't spend €40 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

sprinkles wrote: »
    can you use a usb keyboard with the 360?

Do you do enough messaging to warrant the purchase? Personally I wouldn't use it and I def wouldn't spend €40 on it.

I do a fair bit of messaging enought to get use out of it.

I agree €40 is very exspensive like most 360 extras, haven't tried a USB keyboard, will get a lend of a USB one and give it ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Get a USB keyboard.

Cheaper and much more functional.
    The messenger add on would be harder to type on, costs more and adds to the weight of you're controller.

Plent of sites offering from €10, also you can get them in white to match the xbox if thats what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

i bought one of them messenger kits.... i like it... it still feels really comfortable in your hands and you get an extra headset wit it.... which is usually around €25-30 r somethin

it doesnt really add extra weight to the controller and in my opion the controller feels better in your hand wit the little keyboard and its easy to use, makes MSN and writtin messages a doddle ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I bought the messenger kit yesterday in gamestop for €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have one too...bought it online but cant remember for how much. Find it very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

ya i got one when they came out but im bretty sure it was about €25.
    theyre dead handy though...

jus on a side note and its kinda related, is anyone havin problems signing into messenger over XBL???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

moggins7 wrote: »
    ya i got one when they came out but im bretty sure it was about €25.
    theyre dead handy though...

jus on a side note and its kinda related, is anyone havin problems signing into messenger over XBL???

Yeah I'm having problems signing in at times. It's the xbox live problem. Just like sometimes it takes ages to open a message or to send a message it hangs for awhile.
    The chatpad is worth it. I thought it was going to be €40 but i got it when released and it was €25. USB Keyboard would be better if you do an awful lot of messages etc but for practicality the chatpad works very well and it tidy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I picked one up today on gamestop,seems handy but it just doesnt feel right for me.
    Im only getting used to pad and fps games so im rather fussy i admit :)
    The backlight is a nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

they are a bit strange at first alright. but i like the extra bit of weight it gives...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

There really nice once you get use to them!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

dazftw wrote: »
    There really nice once you get use to them!

Yip they take a bit of getting used to but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I gt it for around €25 as well and it's useful, I don't have a USB keyboard. It fits good in your hand and the backlight is handy. Only thing I notice is it drains battery a little quicker when left plugged in.

Advertisement