Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly question about donation while adopting dog

Options
  • 04-01-2008 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

I am currenlty in the process of adopting a dog from DID and filling out the final forms. How much of a donation should i give when adopting a dog? Would €100 be enough or should i give more. I already donate money by standing order but dont want to seem miserly.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

€100-€150 is enough, you should normally go by how long the dog is in foster + what has been done to the dog(neutering etc) it's normally about 60 for neutering and 20 a week for food+bed etc etc...

Dont forget to post pictures for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

jameshayes wrote: »
    €100-€150 is enough, you should normally go by how long the dog is in foster + what has been done to the dog(neutering etc) it's normally about 60 for neutering and 20 a week for food+bed etc etc...

Dont forget to post pictures for us!

Thats a good way of doing it.

Thanks James

Will do on the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congratulations!! Which baby are you taking? I am currently fostering for them, not in a position to adopt but will find it so hard to let them go!! €100 is the requested dontion, this is to cover the vax and neutering. However so far, one of my fosters have cost me nearly €300 as he had a stomach virus when he came to me and had to be kept in my vets far a while. They ask for €100 to cover their expenses, somtimes the fosterer takes on some of the expense. So €100 is perfectly acceptable, they get dontions as well to help with expenses (I see you also donate) so really you're doing a lot more than most people. I will say however that I know every penny goes straight to the dogs so if you feel like donating more it will be put to good use.

Congratulations on your dog again! I wish more people would consider adoption. Some fab pups looking for homes at the moment. (I know, I have 3 of them!!) have a look http://dogsindistress.org/node/938
    I only have two up because the other guy is still a bit too sick to be rehomed just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Congratulations!! Which baby are you taking? I am currently fostering for them, not in a position to adopt but will find it so hard to let them go!! €100 is the requested dontion, this is to cover the vax and neutering. However so far, one of my fosters have cost me nearly €300 as he had a stomach virus when he came to me and had to be kept in my vets far a while. They ask for €100 to cover their expenses, somtimes the fosterer takes on some of the expense. So €100 is perfectly acceptable, they get dontions as well to help with expenses (I see you also donate) so really you're doing a lot more than most people. I will say however that I know every penny goes straight to the dogs so if you feel like donating more it will be put to good use.

Congratulations on your dog again! I wish more people would consider adoption. Some fab pups looking for homes at the moment. (I know, I have 3 of them!!) have a look http://dogsindistress.org/node/938
    I only have two up because the other guy is still a bit too sick to be rehomed just yet.

Hi Helen,

I was reading about Buster, Buddy and Benson yesterday. They are adorable, i hope you find good homes for them. i am looking to adopt one of the GSD X Collies.

In the next few months i hope to be able to help out by fostering too. It must difficult to give them away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You mean you didn't just adore my babies :p The puppy(s) you are taking are the cutest little things. I adore their pics! Let us know how you get on!

They will stay with me until forever homes are found. I was trying to get them out before I returned to work but they seem to be ok with the three of them there all day. So I will hold onto them a bit longer. BTW anyone reading this, you know when you look at the DID website, most fosterers would be more than happy to arrange for you to met a dog or pup to see how well you like each other. You dont just have to decide online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement