Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absent Healing

Options
  • 04-01-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Tonight at 7pm a group of healers are sending healing to Ashbourne dog pound. If you are a healer please join us for a few mins, if you're not a healer send your good intentions anyway as I'm sure it would help. If you want some tips on doing this please ask!

We are planning on making this a regular thing, is anybody interested? Also does anyone have any special cause they would like us to send to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why the dog pound ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Because the initial group of us met through volunteering with the dogs in the pound.

Ok it just seems an odd choice to me.
    How did it go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Yeah it probably does seem like an odd choice but at the moment most of the people involved have or had rescue dogs from the pound. We met through volunteering with the pound and coincidently found out that the number of healers involved is quite a big %. I was very suprised at the amount actually. We all do human healing too of course but the dogs are a common interest for us.

It seemed to go well, I personally felt a lot of cold and a good bit of resistance at first. God love the poor dogs, they prob had no idea what was going on. But after a while it just started flowing :) . I dont know how it effected each individual dog as the pound would have been closed when we did it so nobody was there to let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What does 'healing' generally entail, if you don't mind me asking? Do ye say prayers?

:D:D:D
    I personally dont pray although some healers do. I dont think healing needs to be based on a belief in God, I think it's actually physical, we just dont fully understand the science behind it yet. I think intention plays a much bigger role in life than we comprehend at the moment.

I'll describe what it invloves for me step by step but it's very personal and every healer will do it differently.

I prefer to do it in the evening or at night, everything seems more settled or something.

I will usually sit and meditate for about 20-30 mins before sending.

While i meditate I visualise my chakras, clear them, then "pull" light in through my crown.

When I feel like I've done this for long enough I hold my hands up, palm outwards and visualise the person/animal/place/situation and intend that energy flows through me and to its intended place.

There is no praying invloved for me, a few healers I know like to work with angels, personally I dont. It's not that I dont believe in angels, I just dont believe in big winged angels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Fascinating stuff. Have you ever had a fellow healer do this to yourself? Did you feel anything afterwards?

Yes, it varies but sometimes you can feel it when it is happening too.

One incident stands out for me as I was very new to healing at the time and it had a huge effect on me. I was sick in bed, too weak to even go down for a drink. I had gone down to the doctors earlier in the day and he gave me antibiotics. I text a friend who was also new to healing and asked her to send. And I got into bed, I couldn't sleep with the pain I was in and i was just feeling incredibly bad! While I was lying there, i started to nod off, very suddenly and there was nothing I could do to stop myself. I heard someone walk in and i tried to move but couldn't, I felt them sit on the bed and touch my head, I instantly feel fast asleep and woke up 5 hours later feeling perfectly well. Now I probably had a high temperature which explaind the person in the room, feeling better could have been the effect of the antibiotic but I dont think they work that well that quickly?

I've sent it to people who dont believe (My Dad for one) and they can also feel a difference.

Yes, it varies but sometimes you can feel it when it is happening too.

One incident stands out for me as I was very new to healing at the time and it had a huge effect on me. I was sick in bed, too weak to even go down for a drink. I had gone down to the doctors earlier in the day and he gave me antibiotics. I text a friend who was also new to healing and asked her to send. And I got into bed, I couldn't sleep with the pain I was in and i was just feeling incredibly bad! While I was lying there, i started to nod off, very suddenly and there was nothing I could do to stop myself. I heard someone walk in and i tried to move but couldn't, I felt them sit on the bed and touch my head, I instantly feel fast asleep and woke up 5 hours later feeling perfectly well. Now I probably had a high temperature which explaind the person in the room, feeling better could have been the effect of the antibiotic but I dont think they work that well that quickly?

I've sent it to people who dont believe (My Dad for one) and they can also feel a difference.

Were they on medication at the same time also...? lol

• Advertisement

I'm going to ignore the fact your question was an insult and answer it anyway :) I'll also assume that it was a joke insult!!

No, my Dad has a bad back, has had for a long time now. He can feel a difference when I send. It doesn't seem to "heal" it though, it does alleviate the pain.

Another was my little sister gets very bad travel sickenss, when she was 8 she was on a bus and almost straight away started feeling rotton, so my mam text me and asked me to send, I did, and she reported back that Ciara felt tickling on her head then her nose and ears popped and she felt fine afterwards. Actually she very rarely gets tavel sick now at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Is your healing similar to Reiki??

I received Reiki once when I was small, apparently I was told nothing about it and described everything I was meant to feel like heat etc.

then 2 years ago i begun a Holistic Therapies course, I began to study reiki but it seemed to send me insane!!

I don't understand though how you can do it from a distance if you get me?? Like how does the energy transfer to the person you are hoping to receive it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dave: I find the tone of your implication rather insulting tbh.

I've found it works - I've not really tried anything over distance, but through touch, definitely (both giving and receiving).

Hiya, it is Reiki :)

I think it transfers easily because your energy connects with the energy of the person you are sending to. The basis of reiki is that the world is made of and surrounded by energy vibrating at different speeds (this is scientific fact) so if we are all energy we are all connected, all the time. So as far as the energy is concerned it's not actually travelling over distances because it was there anyway :) it's very complicated when I try to explain. But it makes perfect sense if I could explain it properly.

I found Reiki made me very emotional for a while when I started doing it. It's hard but I had to get through it. It brings up old issues and forces you to heal yourself before you can start working with others so it is quite hard. Where are you doing that course? What else do you do on it? Is it full time or part time?? I'd love to look into something like it.

Kharn, do you want to try something later on? I will be sending at about 9pm tonight, I will include you if you like. If you can, try send back and see if you get any results with distance healing. Even if you can feel the energy coming from you to me or vice versa, I would be interested to see if it would work with someone I dont know!

I think Dave was being Tongue in Cheek, although he is an athiest so i'm not sure, and worse, he's a non-drinker :p I've been talking to him and others in the athiest forum and I never LOL'D at anyone there. I'm just too nice. :P He's getting around quite a bit Mr McG is!! I saw him in the paranormal forum a while ago insulting fortune tellers!! It's just disgraceful the carry on of him :)

Sorry helena :o I do get around! I aint a non-drinker though, I just mod the forum ;)

You're not a non drinker you just mod the forum?? How did that happen :confused:

You do get around and you're not exactly nice to people either!! Until now I was willing to forgive you (due to your lack of alcohol) but now that I know you're not a non drinker you have no excuses!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hiya, it is Reiki :)

I think it transfers easily because your energy connects with the energy of the person you are sending to. The basis of reiki is that the world is made of and surrounded by energy vibrating at different speeds (this is scientific fact) so if we are all energy we are all connected, all the time. So as far as the energy is concerned it's not actually travelling over distances because it was there anyway :) it's very complicated when I try to explain. But it makes perfect sense if I could explain it properly.

I found Reiki made me very emotional for a while when I started doing it. It's hard but I had to get through it. It brings up old issues and forces you to heal yourself before you can start working with others so it is quite hard. Where are you doing that course? What else do you do on it? Is it full time or part time?? I'd love to look into something like it.

:)

Oh yes it made me VERY emotional, I think it was after the inititation, i felt really odd, I actually could not stop crying, and not even sobbing proper roaring crying! Realistically I don't think I was in the right emotional state to be doing it. I'm not so sure if I am interested though, then again you never know, I may take t up in years to come!

I did a full time course 4 days a week in Senior College Dun Laoghaire, I did all the massage subjects (sports, aromatherapy,infant,indian head massage etc) and loved it. They also do Tuina (chinese acupressure) which you might find interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No, my Dad has a bad back, has had for a long time now. He can feel a difference when I send. It doesn't seem to "heal" it though, it does alleviate the pain.

Another was my little sister gets very bad travel sickenss, when she was 8 she was on a bus and almost straight away started feeling rotton, so my mam text me and asked me to send, I did, and she reported back that Ciara felt tickling on her head then her nose and ears popped and she felt fine afterwards. Actually she very rarely gets tavel sick now at all.

Do you tell people you are sending them or do they ask?

I was asked by my mam to do it for my sister. I asked my dad if I could and he laughed at me and said "go ahead and waste your time if you want" very supportive my dad is. :rolleyes: But in general I only send to people who ask or to people who have given me permission before. Sometimes you could be sending and find yourself thinking of someone, in that case I'll continue sending, even though I didn't get physical permission they butted in on me! :)

You're not a non drinker you just mod the forum?? How did that happen :confused:

You do get around and you're not exactly nice to people either!! Until now I was willing to forgive you (due to your lack of alcohol) but now that I know you're not a non drinker you have no excuses!!!! :mad:

Well I supported the forum and gave some suggestions, and I'm really really cool, so they asked me to mod it.... and the rest, as they say, is history.

I'm usually nice to people, but I don't have much time for stuff as hit and miss as fortune telling and 'healing' (and religion for that matter!).

Anyways, back on topic...... healing........

• Advertisement

If anyone has an issue with a post please use the report post function.
    All posters should read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I'm usually nice to people, but I don't have much time for stuff as hit and miss as fortune telling and 'healing' (and religion for that matter!).

Anyways, back on topic...... healing........

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

So back on topic then.

I think my dog is depressed or doesn't feel well. He doesn't seem himself sometimes and every day or two he won't eat his dinner. My mam even gave him chicken with stock in his dinner yesterday and he started spitting it out and turning his nose from it. He is getting very fussy. He has cravings for milk in his food, but ends up getting sick afterwards.

Could some sort of healer sort him out? I was thinking about getting a cat lately. It's almost like he knows im thinking about getting a cat and he is depressed.

First thing you should do it take your dog to the vet.

Thank you Thaedydal, this is very important. I would never feel comfortable treating someone who had not consulted a health professional first! Any sort of responsible healer will ALWAYS recommend you go to a doctor/vet. If you go to a healer and they suggest you dont go, I would not use them!

BlackWizard, if you are genuinely worried about this and thinking of bringing your dog to a healer, then a vet should be your first stop. But you know that stock, chicken skin anything rich like that can cause gas :eek: which will put them off their food. It can also cause diarrhea, as can milk so it could be that.

I doubt he's picking up on your intent to gt a cat but he could be picking up on your worry about his reaction to a cat. He knows your worried, he doesn't understand why so it's upsetting him a bit. Change your way of thinking, getting a cat WILL make him happy, you know that sort of thing. ;)

But yes, healing can help with depression, anxiety, agressivness etc in dogs, people, cats, birds etc etc. :)

Advertisement