Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Messneger with WM6 or other OS, wont connect

• 04-01-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Since holiday season, I'm not able to connect to the Windows Live Service or Windows Live Messenger on my Windows Mobile phones (O2 Xda Orbit), I seem not to be only one, while other users reported that it works for them. Seems Windows Live is running on several servers and depending on which server your account is hosted, you can either log-in or not. it's possible to setup the account on the device and getting the buddy list synchronized, but after Windows Live Messenger cannot connect to the service!

Anyone in same boat, find a fix or have any suggestions this is while using a WiFi connection and well should have no "conectivity" issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Ok well anyone with an O2 Xda Orbit, BlackBerry or any of the other Xda series able to log into messenger. I want to see if this is just a possible phone \ software fault or is it something to do with Microsoft

Sorry to bring up old thread but no point in creating an new one.
    Well after alot of troubleshooting re installing Windows Mobile 6 and some time on with O2 Ireland Customer and Data Support Teams I'm still no better off.

Here is the jist. Windows Mobile 6 comes with the Live Suite, inc MSN Live Messenger. Now I can connect to the internet, browse sites and check mail via GPRS or VIA B/G Wi-Fi. I can even setup my Live account and it will download all my contacts from MSN Live and put them in my contacts on my phone, but when I try yo log in to Live Messenger I get. Server is unavailable.Please try again later................and I do again and again and again. Still doesn't work!

So where to go from here Data Team say they don't Support Live Messenger as its not an I-Mode phone............. I find this odd seeing as its an O2 branded phone with a custom O2 Ireland version of WM6. Designed specifically for O2 Ireland Xda Orbit.

More troubleshooting reveals that. When I take the sim card out. restart the phone and connect via Wi-Fi low and behold it works. So sim card in = bad. Sim card out = Good in terms of Live Messenger Connectivity. But leaves the phone useless for communication otherwise. So does this mean there is an issue with the Sim Card??Data team says no. Sim Card is fine. its the Software on the phone,hmmmm the O2 Ireland specific version of WM6 you mean, that you don't support?

Anyone have any ideas? where I can go from here. I know live messenger may not seem like a big thing, but for work and keeping contact on the fly with co workers its helpful.

Well after a v grumpy letter to the customer complaint and also to the data team my messenger has started to work all of a sudden, nothings changed my end,haven't made any settings changes or anything.......hhhmmmmm suspicious. Anyway hope it stays working and Ill let you all know :p

Advertisement