Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish/recycling collection - Cork

Options
  • 04-01-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope I posted in the right place. Am with Wiser at the moment but they seem to be quite expensive in comparison with other companies. Anyone have any advice about maybe switching?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dugout16

Country Clean are good i think, look then up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

We're with Country Clean and have previously been with Wiser. It's much of a muchness TBH. We got an offer for the first year with CC for €240 or so and were told that it would continue to remain at this price indefinitely as long as there were three or less people in the house. This was a lie, however; after the first year, they charge according to weight bands (they weigh your bin when emptying it). We ended up on what appears to be their 'average' band which works out yearly at €380 - no doubt coincidentally the exact same price as Wiser! CC also don't take glass like Wiser and are very quick to refuse to empty your bin if you're a couple of weeks late paying the bill!

I don't see much incentive to change from Wiser to CC TBH. Also note that Wiser are still sending me bills over a year after leaving them and never took their bin away!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Thanks for the reponses. I think I'll stay put as it's a bit inconvenient that CC don't collect glass. Cheers.

Advertisement