Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggae in Galway

Options
  • 04-01-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

After the success of my thread looking for Drum N' Bass, I thought I would try the same with Reggae. So, does anyone know of anywhere that plays Reggae?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's a band called Intinn around who people who like reggae seem to enjoy. I think they bought dreadlock kits and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I had a look at their Myspace page, it's interesting stuff for sure. They don't seem to have any upcoming gigs listed unfortunately. I will keep an eye out for them in future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Hi, I dj reggae in Galway every so often. Might be getting a regular slot on Friday nights. I've been collecting vinyl for a long time now and have a nice bit of early skinhead reggae (Studio one, Pama, Duke Reid), Roots and Original Ska mainly on original 45s. Also play Northern Soul Funk and Latin to keep people amused I hope. Great to hear interest in reggae in Galway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/4125

was at this last week, unreal live music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rhf9r8NdV4
    here is a video recorded bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I saw Intinn play at An Púcan once, they were class.

• Advertisement

Fiddlesnap wrote: »
    Hi, I dj reggae in Galway every so often. Might be getting a regular slot on Friday nights. I've been collecting vinyl for a long time now and have a nice bit of early skinhead reggae (Studio one, Pama, Duke Reid), Roots and Original Ska mainly on original 45s. Also play Northern Soul Funk and Latin to keep people amused I hope. Great to hear interest in reggae in Galway!
    The next time you're playing a set, be sure to bump this thread! ;)
    I saw Intinn play at An Púcan once, they were class.
    I have managed to miss their last couple of Galway gigs ufortunately. Friends of mine that have seen them have told me they are excellent though. Hopefully they will be back in Galway some time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Rootical sound are playing out in the blackbox on 20th of december
    also MC Rass Rungus is one too look out for, went too galway tropicana couple of weeks back at the kings valley hotel, and it was good vibes
    Rungus , harry j and the fams were lively!!

rootical http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=110021825

MC Rass Rungus
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=420403615

malice_ wrote: »
    The next time you're playing a set, be sure to bump this thread! ;)

Will be playing in the Bierhaus Friday, January 2nd

Will be playing in the Bierhaus Friday, January 2nd
    Thanks for the heads-up. I will be sure to check it out!

Thanks for the heads-up. I will be sure to check it out!

Did ya make it down last night?

• Advertisement

Did ya make it down last night?
    Unfortunately I didn't manage to make it. I had to attend a birthday party that same night and after a feast of food and drink I wasn't fit to move. A couple of my mates were there though and one got lucky so we decided we'd hold the music responsible for that ;).

Unfortunately I didn't manage to make it. I had to attend a birthday party that same night and after a feast of food and drink I wasn't fit to move. A couple of my mates were there though and one got lucky so we decided we'd hold the music responsible for that ;).

No worries... Glad someone got lucky that night... In there again Friday week...

In there again Friday week...
    Is that January 16th? I'll try and get in there for it again!

On again this Friday 13th ;)

On again this Friday 13th ;)
    I am not sure if I will make it in tonight but I'll do my best.

Bierhaus this Sat night until 2am with Jazzadelia. Expect soul funk reggae and early ska :cool:

Another one coming up :)

3876038808_07fd09fe9b_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

There will be a good bit at this too man.

BEN-UFO-Galway.jpg

Looks interesting. What kinda stuff will be played at that?

It said " joining the dots between London,Berlin and jamaica " on facebook.

So it looks like a good mix of everything id say

• Advertisement

Hmm... I sense maybe a Dancehall/house/drum n Bass thing?

The 3rd reggae shack. last one had a lovely buzz. Hoping this weekend will be even better. The sound should be better anyway! Hope some of you'ze can make it....
    4009679284_aa11ca36dd_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Footage from the last Intinn gig in the Warwick

linky

It's youtube, so I won't bother imbedding.

*EDIT: There will be more songs from that gig online soon, I'm just having trouble uploading to youtube ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Hey, where's the best place in town that reliably plays 100% funk.... just after listening to Craig Charles's show on BBC6Music (Saturday 18:00 - 21:00, he's bit of a mouth but greeeat funk) and I'm buzzzing for more!... are Cyril and Cian still spinning their SiSi stuff?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement