Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with NTL in Lucan

Options
  • 04-01-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, Anyone having any issues with NTL Broadband in Lucan area ?
    Its been down for 2 days now. NTL claim there are no issues
    Modem can't get a upstream connection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

NTL stating that theres nothing wrong in the area is a familiar excuse, i suppose they'll send out a tech in 4 to 5 days?
    I'm sick of phoning these muppets and listening to the ****e excuses they come up with.
    I'm in Lucan at the moment and am paying for 6mb connection,i've been testing it the last couple of days and am only getting 1mb if i'm lucky.
    Do what i do and call them everytime you have a problem,i've logged roughly 25/30 calls in the last 3 months as its the only way you'll be compensated.
    And don't bother speaking with their support,you'll be wasting valauble oxygen talking to idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jaybee747 wrote: »
    NTL stating that theres nothing wrong in the area is a familiar excuse, i suppose they'll send out a tech in 4 to 5 days?
    I'm sick of phoning these muppets and listening to the ****e excuses they come up with.
    I'm in Lucan at the moment and am paying for 6mb connection,i've been testing it the last couple of days and am only getting 1mb if i'm lucky.
    Do what i do and call them everytime you have a problem,i've logged roughly 25/30 calls in the last 3 months as its the only way you'll be compensated.
    And don't bother speaking with their support,you'll be wasting valauble oxygen talking to idiots.

I did a speedtest.net check to dublin (also in Lucan) and thought I too was suffering from a 1mb result for a 6mb line until I repeated the test to Galway and London and got my normal 6mb. Living in a newer area in Lucan (<10 years ) with new cablin, I suspect my connection has always been reliable as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

If you guys are in lucan why are you not with smart?

I'm in Lucan and smart is amazing,

850KB/s on 7mb

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

I'm living in Lucan and have NTL. 3MB line. Have to say NTL are not great. The support is poor and takes way too long to get an engineer out.

Most of the time the connection is average and 2007 was the worst year to date. The connection was so poor and packets dropping so often that I couldn't work from home as a result.

Just did a speedtest now, and it's actually not bad. Coming in at 2814 kbs Download and 302 kbs upload.

If only it was consistant.

Advertisement