Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Article: Greens seek new two-tier driving test system

Options
  • 04-01-2008 4:15pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was going to put this in the Learning To Drive forum but I thought I would get a better response in here.
    from http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/politics/greens-seek-new-twotier-driving-test-system-1257850.html
    Friday January 04 2008

The Green Party is proposing a new two-tier system of driving tests that would award restricted licences to motorists who agree to drive only within their locality and at certain speeds.
    The party's deputy leader, Mary White, says the move is designed to ease the plight of people living in isolated parts of the country.
    These people would be allowed to sit an easier driving test if they only used their cars within their locality and agreed to limit their speed.
    Ms White claims many people in rural areas are "condemned to be rural hermits" due to their reluctance to sit the current driving test.

Mary White was on Newstalk this morning speaking about how she knows several people who have failed their test multiple times and how this effectively wasn't fair and how people in rural areas should be able to drive in their locality.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is yet another ridiculous idea from the greens? Is this woman even competent to be the deputy leader of a ruling political party?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Mike started a thread about this in C&T

Ridiculous is putting it mildly :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement