Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

original SD card not recognised on my nokia 6500

• 04-01-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

just bought a 4GB card for my nokia 6500 slide. didn't recognise it. put back in my old 256mb card that came with the phone and now its not recognised even though it worked fine before i tried out the new 4gb card.

no MEM CARD option appears when i enter the gallery etc. am i doing something stupid?

I've put files on both cards and then are both formatted to FAT32. I read there is an option to format the card on the phone but surely this only works if the phone can "see" it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

if the phone wont read either card then it is more probably some issue with the handset? or do you mean that No memory card icon appears? maybe the files on the cards are integrated with your phone memory? ie images on phone & card are both seen in "images" themes in themes etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

possibly. but it worked right before i put the new one in and now the old one won't work!

figured it out. you actually have to put the cover back on!!

d'oh. never thought that could be the problem but its made of steel so i guess it grounds it somehow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Just wondering is this the 6500 slide you have. If so did you get it from 3, and what is it like.

hey there, its a great phone. my favourite so far. nokia seem to incrementally improve on every model they bring out.

Good points:
    VERY solid build. stainless steels makes it a bit heavy but in a good way.
    big screen
    pretty good camera
    usual simple nokia interface
    slide mechanism is much improved over my old phone the 6280
    3 means i get internet, wikipedia on my phone!

Bad points:
    battery is poor. 2 days max.

hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I had the 6280, also thought that it was a great phone, then got the N73, also a great phone, with a good battery life. The only problem I every had with the 6280 was with its battery life in that it would only last a couple of days at best where the N73 was great in regards to the battery life. I might just give it a shot tomorrow.

Advertisement