Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest and best woreless router (eircom compatible)

• 04-01-2008 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Can anybody recommend a decent eircom compatible & Xbox live compatible wireless router (i think it has to be WEP key etc.)

Dont want to spend too much though.:):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

All recent wireless routers will do, can your buy online or will you be buying from a shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Did eircom not give you a wireless router when you got broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cowenstaff

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Did eircom not give you a wireless router when you got broadband?

Yeah - 2.5 years ago - its going a bit now.

I will probably buy online.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

cowenstaff wrote: »
    Yeah - 2.5 years ago - its going a bit now.

I will probably buy online.:)

Tell Eircom it's stopped working, they will replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Iv had my eircom wireless router for about a year. I can use xbox live and stream music. Dont think theres a point spending loads on a new router when the free eircom one will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

Why replace a working router. I am assuming the signal is poor. There is nothing to be gained form a new one. Poor signal strength is caused by physical obstacles like walls. A new one will have the same problems.

The eircom one is not bad. Download later firmware if you want a few more options. Do this in expert mode. You must use a ethernet cable to upgrade after you download the file.

Also, upgrade to WPA to secure your network.

I use a netgear wireless wgps606 print server on the xbox which works nicely along with the eircom router.

You can get them on ebay cheap. If you stick to netgear, you cannot go wrong. Never had a netgear hardware failure and I use them for work.

If you must upgrade your router, just buy netgear.

Advertisement