Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Forum Beers?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

Too short notice. I need several weeks to prepate myself. =D

Are any more than three people going? I could drag my other half along but I only realised you'd set a date today so... x__x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Amy Elliott

Wednesday isn't really a a good night for having one of these in my opinion and for the few people it will attract , there hardly seems any point . You should announce it on the main events forum , where they announce the main boards beers. Although the regulars who usually attend these boards beers are mainly Dubs and they most likely wouldn't be arsed coming down to Limerick , but you never know if you make it sound appealing enough it may entice them beyond the Pale.
    I would be interested in coming along , if one can be organised in the near future for a weekend night , Fri or Saturday which would I guess suit alot more people and maybe a venue like Dolan's would perhaps be better venue for meeting up as at least they have music there
    just a suggestion!

Amy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Well the date was set pretty much a week ago.

Anyway, even after tonight at least we will have one done instead of just talk about it and we will know better for the next one to be organised.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well put. Acorns ---> Oaks, remember?

(cheesy metaphor, I know :D )

A week ago when hardly anyone had displayed interest. I don't remember many people agreeing on the date either nor the location either.

I shan't be going to this one; not enough people, bad day (weekday?), short notice. Good luck though. Let me know how ye three got on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Is this going to be happening on the 24th of Jan? I started a new thread with the hope of meeting new people in Limerick. Hope I haven't missed the get together.

T'was yesterday I'm afraid. Although I don't think that many people went. I reckon the whole thing was a bit rushed to be honest.

Any chance of another meeting even something a little less formal?
    Where do people usually go from boards?

No idea. I don't even think this meeting was formal. Looking at the thread only 3-4 people went.

As for where boards people go I've no idea. I've never met anyone from here. =D Welcome to Limerick by the way. I moved here 3 years ago myself. I want to move to where you came from now. =P

Pye wrote: »
    No idea. I don't even think this meeting was formal. Looking at the thread only 3-4 people went.

As for where boards people go I've no idea. I've never met anyone from here. =D Welcome to Limerick by the way. I moved here 3 years ago myself. I want to move to where you came from now. =P

What do you do in Limerick? Thanks for the warm welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Myself, Vertigo and Limerick Dude had a great night, Locke, Cuckoo Box (see Cuckoo Box thread) and Wicked Chicken after which the memory begins to fail...even though I wasn't drinking:rolleyes:

Anyways, considered a success by all 3 of us AFAIK. Good to put faces to the handels.

It was NOT short notice by any stretch, and anyhow, the majority of complainants aren't even regular posters FFS!

Those who were interested turned up and had a good time, so it WASN'T short notice and to suggest that is a bit ridiculous. If you had something else in aprticular planned (as happened me the last time) fair enough, but a week is plenty enough notice to give up a night in front of the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

ninty9er wrote: »
    Myself, Vertigo and Limerick Dude had a great night, Locke, Cuckoo Box (see Cuckoo Box thread) and Wicked Chicken after which the memory begins to fail...even though I wasn't drinking:rolleyes:

Anyways, considered a success by all 3 of us AFAIK. Good to put faces to the handels.

It was NOT short notice by any stretch, and anyhow, the majority of complainants aren't even regular posters FFS!

Those who were interested turned up and had a good time, so it WASN'T short notice and to suggest that is a bit ridiculous. If you had something else in aprticular planned (as happened me the last time) fair enough, but a week is plenty enough notice to give up a night in front of the TV

Glad to hear it was a good night lads!

Be sure to come to the next one....and yes the thread will open and the date of the beers will be within 3 weeks of that date most likely.

No need to be so negative ninty9er. My saying it was a little rushed is not a personal dig at you or anyone else, it's just my opinion and since this was a group thing I should have no problem expressing it here. I'm definitely not the only one who thought the day was unsuitable. Several people had mentioned the weekend being best as many people have work commitments. I'm actually delighted ye had a good time. I just think it could have been better organised is all. And for the record, I work, no telly for me. ;-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Eh, that wasn't Vertigo, it was me... LOL.

It was a pretty good night though. I'm definitely on board for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

hehe was just wondering there if i had an out of body experience weds nite :)

Oopsie....got mixed up there....memory not the best. Anywho good night.

Yup was a fun night even if there was only 3 if us, but we all said it on the night that even if there were one or two more people it could of been so much better. You really dont need a huge group to have a laugh, so just thought id say that to people who wouldnt think of going because only 3-4 people have signed up.

well i am all on for the next one as long as it would be on a quiet enought night like a weds or a thurs. partly because of work and partly because i think you have a better chance to get to know people if the places arent packed!

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    well i am all on for the next one as long as it would be on a quiet enought night like a weds or a thurs. partly because of work and partly because i think you have a better chance to get to know people if the places arent packed!

Exactly why i chose a wednesday night in the locke rather than a saturday night in dolans like someone suggested earlier!

• Advertisement

well lets get another one organise so and hopefully we can get a few more bodies in this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

oh lets! ... do it again!! it sounds like a fabulous idea:D

Ya know, I have a vague recollection of seeing Limerick Dude in Mollys lastnight...might do one in 2 or 3 weeks.

Ya know, I have a vague recollection of seeing Limerick Dude in Mollys lastnight...might do one in 2 or 3 weeks.

Will ya put me on the mailing list for that?

Will ya put me on the mailing list for that?

In this vain, would all interested parties pm either myself or Limerick Dude so we can compile a list and not bother those who are not interested in attending when organisation comes into play.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 surs

hello ,just messaging on boards.ie.I am living for a short time here in limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Headshot for zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement