Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling up

Options
  • 04-01-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

we are thinking of selling up, and wondered what the best way to go about it is?
    I have no clue about selling, literally none.
    Do we approach and auctioneer and go from there, should we shop around for auctioneers, do we even need an auctioneer?
    is there a guideline commision rate that they will take?

There has been structural problems with our house, but it has benn rectified and the work signed off by an engineer/artitect now, but do i need to point that out to potential buyers at the offset?

i am aware that the timing for selling is bad but would be delighted to see a for sale sign in the garden? Without restorting to colouring one myself can anyone offer good advice regarding selling and getting that for sale sign up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Have never sold a house so I really don't know the ins and outs of same. A neighbour was recently thinking about selling, contacted Auctioneer got sign up and changed their minds, it still cost them €800.

My advice, be sure before you start throwing your money away for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Oh i'm sure, structural problems with our house broke my heart, and can't look at it the same ever since, i just want out of here. So much hassel and hardship associated with fixing things that the good of the house has been ruined for me. probably because I've referred to it "as our bloody poxy house" for so long now, i want a place that i can call home again.

Advertisement