Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good muchanic in south dublin / stillorgan

Options
  • 04-01-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone reccommend a good mechanic in south dublin. My car (97 Fiat Punto, lovely little motor ha) wouldn't start the other day, called out the AA and they said they think it's the fuel pump.

Got a quote off a garage for 215 + vat to fit a new pump, I then tried a local fiat dealership and they said they never heard of a fuel pump going on a punto, it could be a number of things that the aa may not have checked. I can smell my self being ripped off.

The car isn't worth much, its got a full year left in the NCT and I just want to get it fixed so I can sell it on. Bought the car to learn in and passed my test withing 6 months so it server it purpose. Anyone know someone that would look at it before buying the part or even a mechanic that might want to buy it to fix and sell. Have I rambled?

Brian

Advertisement