Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groin Strain

• 04-01-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

hope someone might be able to advise a course of action for the following:

I strained a groin mussel about 6 weeks ago while running- it felt sore straight after the run and was sore to walk on the following couple days. I probably made matters worse by running on it a couple of times in the next few weeks after that, with the same results (sore after run, really sore next day). I completly rested it for the last 3 weeks, after which it felt fine. However after running 5 miles last night it was sore again this morning, albeit not as bad as before. Is more rest the only option or could physio speed up healing?

any advice is much appreciated ........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

hi,

from a sports therapist background, me suggests it would do no harm to have a quick treatment by a sports masseuse/physio. Ice it for 20 mins two or three times a day. and some very very light stretches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

thanks for that Einstein will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Looks like you have tried the rest option to no avail, so the important thing now is to determine the source of pain - is it a simple groin (adductor) muscle strain, or tendonosis, osteitis pubis, a hernia, or referred or radiating from your lower back/Sacroiliac joint/hip? All sound scary but all manageable. Management is dependent on the cause/source of pain, therefore the first thing to do is find out what is wrong. From this point of view I would recommend going to see a Chartered Physiotherapist who should do an examination before telling you what's wrong and how best to manage this.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement