Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Wireless Range

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Guys
    Have a small problem, i have the netopia 2247 wireless router, which works fine, but i need to boost the signal strength so my brother next door will be use my connection,
    At the moment, there is a weak signal (2 Bars), is there any way i can increase the wireless signal so both houses have the use of broadband
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

a network cable would be good too ( max 100m long)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Is he using a desktop or laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 decg

Its a laptop he has, i have tried moving the router in my house as close to my brothers house, but still there is a weak signal on his laptop,
    tried my laptop also, and it has the same signal strength

Is it possible to repeat the single? by adding another router maybe?,

Or Can i replace with netopia for a better wireless router?, if so any ideas?

I have been in contact with eircom, but they hadnt many ideas

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You could get a wireless network range extender, put it midway between your router and his laptop. Try another router to see if a better signal. Downstairs in your house will give better reception iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

sponge Bob, A seemingly good idea to run a cable next door. However, its not recommended as your can experience earthing problems. ie it can be kinda dangerous ! so dont do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

This topic has been covered in depth within the last two weeks, use the search.

Also you wont see any speed increase between 2 and full bars with most internet connections, unless you have a super duper wooper fast one.

Advertisement