Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobo and heatsink question

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

hey

just got my new pc parts in the post. I just want to ask a question about my motherboard and the heatsink i got

mobo
    heatsink

prob a stupid question but the heatsink is quite heavy and im thinking when i have it on my mobo it might snap off....would this happen or am i overreacting

cheers,
    tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

its just an overreaction, i thought the same thing when i put my stock heatsink on mine, they wouldn't really make heatsinks if they were to break the mobo, the mobo is strong enough to take big heatsinks, so you will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

It'll be grand, just don't throw it around the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ha! nice cooler. have it on mine :D its not that heavy actually. there are a lot worse. and its not very high so it wont fall around. the brackets that come with it are really good.
    only problem i found is the blue orb is feckin massively wide.

Advertisement