Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of complaint via email

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I am having a dispute over faulty repairs on an item for the last 3 months.Bascially the manager of the company told me to buzz off today after i finally collected the damaged goods and that i will not get a refund of anything.I told him i would go to the small claims court and he didn't care.

My question is Do you have to send a physical Letter of complaint or Can you send this person an email to speed up the process.Would a judge except an email as an attempt on my part to try and resolve the issue and outline my intentions?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Send a letter through registered post. Emails get "lost". If they say they never got it, due to you typing in the wrong address, tough luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

the_syco wrote: »
    Send a letter through registered post. Emails get "lost". If they say they never got it, due to you typing in the wrong address, tough luck.
    Absolutely regs mail, there will be a record. And keep your receipt with the track and trace number. You can check when it is delivered at http://track.anpost.ie/track/trackone.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

sxt wrote: »
    hi all,

I am having a dispute over faulty repairs on an item for the last 3 months.Bascially the manager of the company told me to buzz off today after i finally collected the damaged goods and that i will not get a refund of anything.I told him i would go to the small claims court and he didn't care.

My question is Do you have to send a physical Letter of complaint or Can you send this person an email to speed up the process.Would a judge except an email as an attempt on my part to try and resolve the issue and outline my intentions?

Thanks for any help

I would also recommend registered post for a formal complaint. I looked after complaints going back a few years now in my last job while someone was on leave.

Name and shame the company also? Maybe a few members on boards have had the same issue and might be able to share there experiences with you that may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I know that is the proper way to do it,but that involves more expense and more time.It just that i am so furious and want to proceed with legal action,and also...I don't want this guy to be writing to my home address as response:(

The thing with email,is that I have emailed him numerous times recently with replys from him...plus also I always save the sent messages as proof of it being delivered properly..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Name and shame the company also?
    Bad idea. At best, the name will be deleted. At worst, the thread gets deleted, and you get warned.
    sxt wrote: »
    The thing with email,is that I have emailed him numerous times recently with replys from him...plus also I always save the sent messages as proof of it being delivered properly..
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay be admissible in a court of law, but you want them to get off on a technicality?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

I don't want this guy to be writing to my home address as response:(
    Your address will be part of any record in legal action as far as I know

Advertisement