Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to sell car quickly

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm looking to sell my car quickly. I live near enough to Ashbourne and I heard there's an auction there every Saturday.

Anyone know the details or any other auctions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You'll get far less for your car at an auction than by selling it privately. Have you tried advertising it in carzone? Price it well and it should sell fast. What car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

It's a Citroen Xsara 1.4 SX, 2000

What should I look for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

How many miles?
    General condition?
    Extent of service history?
    NCT?
    Tyres?
    Ever been crashed?

All these things matter when trying to price a car...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Selling privately and looking for a quick sale probably between €2500 and €3000 depending on mileage and condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Without meaning to cause offence, I would have thought well under E2k if in good nick, lower again if not. This is a 'quick sale' after all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Just remember with the auctions, you have to pay a fee to enter the car and then if it sells, a commisiion as well and don't forget the VAT.
    That's on top of the "trade selling" price as most people who buy there are traders and don't pay a lot for their cars.
    It would be considered very much "last chance saloon" so be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

private is the way to go.
    auctions are for bargain hunters so don't be suprised if you get peanuts for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Carzone all the way!

Sold a car in 10 hours today on it!

Once it priced towards a quick sale you will have no problem and include as many photos as possible!

Advertisement