Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corsets

• 04-01-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hello Ladies,

Just a quick question about corsets....I would love love LOVE to buy one but what the hell do I wear it with?

I can never find a nice pair of trousers to go out in but a nice corset and jeans sounds a bit odd to me? what do you girls normally wear them with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Corsets do not go with jeans.

A skirt tbh, like so:

corset03.jpg

Or like so:

within_temptation1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've never worn any of mine with trousers at all. Always with a skirt. The style of the skirt depends too on the occasion. If you want to get a bustier, they might suit trousers better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

that's very true..

i've seen a few people wear them with jeans.... mainly horrible horrible ones with equally horrible white jeans that they are bet into

hmm.... would just like something new, i like wear strapless tops and i saw a few nice ones on ASOS

I think the kind of skirt that Sharon wears in this video works best with a corset:

Can't go wrong really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

• Advertisement

I've got a very similar skirt to the Stand My Ground skirt. The corset she wears in that video is spectacular though. The white one is in fact a full dress, not a separate corset and skirt. Here are some good looks (all Sharon of course!)

SharondenAdel67.jpg

SharondenAdel78.jpg

SharondenAdel162.jpg

and my personal favourite

6x930jb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Who is Sharon btw??

Yes, it looks good with those jeans and coz those girls are hot!! hehe!!

Sharon den Adel - one of my fashion icons and favourite singers.

I dont like the second corset at all in the link event posted. It has the style of a beach parasol. The first one is lovely, just not with jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I wear mine with jeans most of the time :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Kate Beckinsale wore corsets with trousers in Van Helsing, and she was mighty damn fine if I do say so myself... :D

• Advertisement

Kate Beckinsale wore corsets with trousers in Van Helsing, and she was mighty damn fine if I do say so myself... :D

Very different to jeans though:

vanhelsing2.jpg

I'm just not gone on the whole blue jeans and corset at all, and the corsets worn in the pics Event provided, look pretty crappy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

What about with black or dark jeans?

What about with black or dark jeans?

Could work, but nothing beats a skirt with a corset as far as I'm concerned. It looks right that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

corsets can look great with black trousers and heels, but NEVER jeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

event wrote: »
    At the beginning of this thread I was, being a big fan of corsets, thinking that while it wouldn't be my first choice jeans could work well.

Those photos have convinced me otherwise. They really don't work at all, do they?

Of course, I figured that maybe other photos would be a different matter - those women are on the thin side and generally corsets work better on larger women (though far from always, Dita's pretty thin and looks great in corsets). I also mused that maybe the people posting images and videos had an unfair advantage - after all "gothmetal.net"? the fusion of two styles of music popular with people who know how to wear corsets, definitely unfair - what if they were people who liked Steps and put up the video of their cover of "Tragedy" where the poor girls seemed to have a wardrobe department who didn't know what a corset was and hence they all had double boobs? That video would make an even better argument against corset + skirts as those photos make against corset + jeans.

But while flicking through a google image search for "corset jeans" did bring up some great looking pictures, they were all of women in corsets OR jeans - all the women in corsets and jeans looked at best like they were half-way through changing from one outfit to another.

Yep. Skirts is definitely the way to go.

Actually my favourite thing to see with corsets is old fashioned bloomers or large knickers, followed by a medium-sized list of various other items that work in a boudoir or fetish club, but aren't normally considered highstreet fashion.

But that list aside, a skirt is definitely the way to go, something full-length á la the photos from our goth-metal friends above being ideal, but far from the only option.

/Edit: My gf just read my post and said "you come across as really straight and really gay at the same time". This doesn't have much actual value to the thread, aside from making me laugh, but when you think about it, what better position is there for giving fashion advice with a view to looking hot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.youtube.com/v/Tq-0GTDZDD0

It depends on the trousers tbh.

345db76b613eba.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very different to jeans though:

vanhelsing2.jpg

I'm just not gone on the whole blue jeans and corset at all, and the corsets worn in the pics Event provided, look pretty crappy too.

That's one hot surcoat.

Advertisement