Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me dazzle herself!

• 04-01-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to blow my other half away with dinner this sunday.

She loves a bit of beef so whatever it is must involve a bit of beef

so what should i cook!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Roast Beef?
    Tis cold outside, and what you need is good old fashioned comfort food.

We did not evict the Brits by eating Rocket salad. Its time to be a man. Make man food. Women respect that.

I dont know your cooking expertise, but ask a butcher for a nice piece of well hung (stop at the back) beef for 2.

Ask him how long it takes to cook it.

Half an hour before completion, par boil spuds and veggies for 10 mins in boiling water (chop spuds up a bit).

Whip out the beef, get the juice, lash it over the veggies.
    Horse (we are using manly verbs) it all in for completion.

Serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you are doing beef try using cube cut, then when you are putting it in the oven pour about 2 pints of water into the tray. cover the meat with parchment then tin foil. the parchment creates a cyclone so the meat is slightly steamed as well as roasted. the water will soak up the juices giving a base for gravy. put a few stock cubes (both beef and chicken) into the juices when you are making the gravy, use a roux (pronounced roo), (mix flour and oil into a paste) to thicken it to you're liking

Advertisement