Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange instruments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah didn't Einstuerzende Neubaten use an angle grinder (on Strategies against architecture 1, for any other EN nuts) ?

They used an angle grinder on the first 2-3 albums I think (definitely on the first 2, not so sure about 1/2 Mensch but it sounds like it on "Der Tod ist ein Dandy"). Neubauten are a thread onto themselves when it comes to unusual instruments.
    Oh and also, POTUSA once played with 3 string guitars as far as I know.

And 2-string basses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

John wrote: »
    And 2-string basses :)

Looking forwrd to the new album and seeing them. I only got that informationj from that song with the line ''2 string, 1 string, no string'' etc.
    (Boll Weevil or Dune Buggy I think) And yeah surely Tchaikovsky's use of a cannon would be''strange'' and I think John Lennon used a Mellotron way back when. And oh, lets not forget Flava Flav's clocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

AC/DC used bagpipes long before Korn ever though of it.

Uriah Heep did use kazoo in the "happy birthday" section of Magician's Birthday.

Peter Steele of Type O Negative plays stand-up bass slung around his shoulders like a regular guitar (he's like 6'5").

"....and Captain Beefheart on vocals and soprano sax and Madness!!" - Frank Zappa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I saw a little blue grass band in Amsterdam called The Bucket Boys...they had all modified instruments that we're pretty cool. The double bass was a big plastic bucket with a rod coming out of it and one thick string attached to the top and bottom of the rod. Made such a great sound, the guy had to wear a big thick glove while playing it or else he'd cut up his hand

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

korn also use the glass harmonica...pretty cool

and the stylophone was used in space oddity by bowie... actually anyone have any ideas where i could get one of those?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ebay

Advertisement