Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt And Tax

Options
  • 04-01-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all looking for some advise.
    I am bringing in a 07 honda frv from Japan.
    The car is costing me 12,000 euro including shipping to Dublin.
    The vrt is 5600 euros
    I know there is Vat and customs duty, does anyone know if the vrt is added in the end or is the vat added with the vrt included.
    And what other costs would I be looking at, great if anyone is sure about this before I bring the car in , many thansk and a happy new year.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you buy the car.
    on arrival you pay
    dock charges
    someone to do the paper work for you
    the import duty 10%
    than add the price of the car + 10% import duty and calculate the VAT @ 21%
    after that is the VRT based on the OMSP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭spinaltap

thanks for your reply, so I think I have it now.
    Car is 9 k to bring in import duty 900 and 2100 vat and 5490 vrt bringing the car up to 17425, still chaeper than dealers looking for 25k for the same model and year.
    Has anyone ever used west park trading to import there car, many thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

That a cheap FRV-I work for a main Honda dealer and wanted to buy one last year and couldnt even get 05 for that price.Let me know if it works out for you spinaltap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭spinaltap

Thanks for your reply, I know its cheap and its an automatic,
    if you google trade car view yo can see where the frvs are, its like carzone in japan, independent car dealers, but I am going with west park trading, they have a professional looking website and the who is details all add up and the company is legit and has a japenese address, hope this helps

Advertisement