Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post/USPS

Options
  • 04-01-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I sent two packages to the US on the 7th of December. One of them arrived but the other did not. I have and international tracking number for both. The one that got delivered shows the package travelling through Ireland, London and the US. The one that did not get delivered has no more information after being dispatched from London. I have contacted AnPost and they gave the flight details etc for the parcel and said it arrived in JFK but that they cannot track it any further. Surely this isnt true as they tracked the other parcel until it arrived at its destination. I have also tried the international tracking number on the USPS website and the record they have of the parcel is that it is still in Ireland.
    Any suggestions/recommendations?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Delivery on the first parcel was confirmed to An Post by USPS hence them having a full record of it. The second one has clearly gone missing in the US once it hit there (hence them only being able to track it so far...). Is it insured? If so put a claim in and An Post with work in conjunction with USPS tp find it/pay you the money.

I had one go missing that I sent from the UK to the US. According to Royal Mail it made it to America and then disappeared once it made it to Florida. They paid me the value of it, then the recipient miraculously got the parcel a couple of weeks later in Kentucky.

I wouldn't give up hope on it just yet.

Advertisement