Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing NTSC/PAL machines in other regions

Options
  • 04-01-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hey, I actually posted on a thread on this subject a few weeks back, but I couldn't find it again, so unfortunately I've had to make a newer one. My concern is, I'm currently in Canada, bought a bunch of old game systems and was looking forward to taking them back. I talked to a few people before who said the only problem would be in getting a transformer and the right TV to handle NTSC. However my friend was over recently and brought his PAL Ps2, which wasn't able to display on the NTSC TV. We tried tuning but to no avail. Is this going to happen when I get back to Ireland, and if so, how can it be avoided?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Most modern PAL TVs will display NTSC without problems. I think a lot of new US TV's still won't display PAL. You'll need a transformer for the power though. 220v here, 110v in US/Canada.

Advertisement