Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I heard about my visit through word of mouth from another student in a different department (department as in Government Department: I was in the Houses of the Oireachtas, he was in...some place else :o... So basically, in different work places altogether). I didn't hear from the supervisor myself at all so it was lucky that the other guy knew me and told me to come along. Basically, he took us for lunch and asked us how we were getting on and got us to fill out a form thing IIRC. It lasted all of about 15 minutes I'd say and he never entered either of our actual work places. Yaay for humanities! :D

I can beat that...nobody came to visit me! (and I was in Kildare St too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

klong wrote: »
    I can beat that...nobody came to visit me! (and I was in Kildare St too!)

Maybe they did, but they told someone else too and that person failed to contact you (or didn't like you, or was taken down by rabies, or something)...

I don't think the visits really matter that much tbh, because if an employer was having a severe issue with a student I'm sure they'd get in touch with the co-op office fairly lively...

Now stop distracting me! I have an essay to do! For yesterday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

When I was on Co-Op my visit came in May I think. I didn't have anything prepared, she just wanted to see how things were going and talked to my employer. I had to fill out a form just saying how great or crap the placement was and my employer filled out a form saying how great or crap I was. I had nothing done for my report or anything but she didn't want anything.

On a side note, one of my lecturers crashed her brand new car on the way to visit a girl on our course. I'm sure that was a barrel laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I never got a visit and I was only in Shannon!! Everybody else on CoOp in there did though my department was just too lazy. Its nothing to be worried about anyway you dont really have to show them anything they'll just ask you how your getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

I had Mine come about 2 weeks ago (to shannon), spent all of ten minutes here cause he knew the place was a good co-op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 David@Bayard.co

I knew when I was getting my meeting about 4 weeks ago and its not for another 6 weeks so thats 3 months in advance!!!

Not bad - they are prob feeling guilty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 natural blonde

hey im on coop since jan in shannon. its ok. im in marketing 3rd yr. :)

With a name like yours we'll be looking for a pic in the "who's who" thread...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

/sits back and awaits for Mossin to rush in!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    /sits back and awaits for Mossin to rush in!:D

I'm here!! *gasp gasp - out of breath- gasp gasp*

What now F_M? :cool:

• Advertisement

With a name like yours we'll be looking for a pic in the "who's who" thread...:cool:

I'll bet she's too shy for all that malarky!
    You seem more desperate for pics of women than both kaimera and cson :pac:

Mossin wrote: »
    /chuckle

:D

I'll bet she's too shy for all that malarky!

Ouch Mossin, ouch.

No need for pics of women when it's exam time in UL and you're in the library :pac:

:D:D:D

True point though about the library, especially when the weather is so good...
    bemoans stupid co-op and lack of women in Intel

Well if ye went to Mary I, ye'd see wimmin 24/7..not just at exam time/in library!:cool:

Yeah true, but I'd probably/most definitely be posing for a mug shot if I was there..:rolleyes:

*See who's who thread for reference*

Yeah true, but I'd probably/most definitely be posing for a mug shot if I was there..:rolleyes:
    That's very presumptuous of you..though to be fair every guy (attractive or not) in Mary I manages to score!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    That's very presumptuous of you..though to be fair every guy (attractive or not) in Mary I manages to score!

I wasnt being presumptious, I was being a realist! The weird in me would have me arrested.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

No need for pics of women when it's exam time in UL and you're in the library :pac:

Pics of this for us dirty, perverted alumni. Thanks.

Peteee wrote: »
    Pics of this for us dirty, perverted alumni. Thanks.

Have you not got enough material in your head after the weekend in Thurles??! :p;) :pac:

• Advertisement

I had Mine come about 2 weeks ago (to shannon), spent all of ten minutes here cause he knew the place was a good co-op

I suppose I'll welcome ye both to the UL forum here on boards. :)

Fellow co-ops are always good on here, and if ye are like me ye have little else to be doing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Mossin wrote:
    bemoans stupid co-op and lack of women in Intel

You can't complain - you are sitting beside about the only 2 or 3 woman in Intel! :)

Webmonkey wrote: »
    You can't complain - you are sitting beside about the only 2 or 3 woman in Intel! :)

Yeah true...But no need to be jealous Webmonkey, you are always welcome to come over and visit us...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 David@Bayard.co

if ye are like me ye have little else to be doing :rolleyes:

Amen to that :rolleyes:

Amen to that :rolleyes:

omg, today is so boring!! there are less than 15 people in the entire office, there should be upwards of 40. It is so quiet and I'm not remotely interested in doing anything [nothing unusual there]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I suppose I'll welcome ye both to the UL forum here on boards. :)

Fellow co-ops are always good on here, and if ye are like me ye have little else to be doing :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself, I've spent the last 3 days in Ballyfermot on audit...not that I'm all that useful or quick...tbh I'm probably more of a hindrance than a help. You think they'd realise after 3 previous companies...anyhow...can't wait for the next expense run now:D:D:D:D

(BTW nice email there Mossin;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

You've been in Ballyfermot for the last 3 days and not given one of us alumni a shout for a pint......I'm vaguely disappointed :/

ninty9er wrote: »
    Speak for yourself, I've spent the last 3 days in Ballyfermot on audit...not that I'm all that useful or quick...tbh I'm probably more of a hindrance than a help. You think they'd realise after 3 previous companies...anyhow...can't wait for the next expense run now:D:D:D:D

(BTW nice email there Mossin;))

OMG :eek: A co-op doing work!! What is the world coming to?!

(that email was necessary, too much **** going on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

In on work placement with a load of UL heads here in Dublin, nice bunch.

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    In on work placement with a load of UL heads here in Dublin, nice bunch.

Class! Where are you on placement?
    What courses are they doing?

Advertisement