Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem access internet banking. Possible webpage fault?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll give it a whirl.

I use internet banking a lot and a couple of times now, I've been refused access to my accounts. I first thought that maybe it was someone trying to get access, but I'm wondering if it's the actual software that runs the sites.

I use both Banking 365 (Bank Of Ireland) and Open24 (Permanent TSB). I tried logging into them tonight and was refused by both accounts. I'm using a PC with Vista and a mac with Tiger OS, and I usually don't have a problem.

What gets me, is that for each of these accounts, I'm asked to enter 3 of digits from a code they gave me. And everytime, I'm asked for the 2nd, the 5th and the 6th. Every single time, it's those 3 numbers. These should be random, but they always come up, and I remember that when it happened before, that it was these 3 numbers that came up too. This is why I think that it could be something to do with the webpage.

Has anyone had any problems like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Ring both banks ASAP and tell them of your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I did and they both told me that mine was the only attempts to access the accounts. They just reset the accounts and they work grand and in the same state I left them. They've no idea why it would happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

I had a similar problem with banking 365online before xmas. Could you log in over the phone. I tired logging in with my pin but it kept refusing it. i rang up 365phone to try it there and the operator said there was reports of problems that day. i gave me the 3 digits of my pin and it got blocked. They had to send out a new pin to me. took 3 weeks. Some pain, espesially over xmas. everythign ok now though.

Only thing that would worry me is it's happening to u with 2 banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you keep getting asked the same numbers it is most likely to do with your cookies or temp internet files i.e. the website loading old pages and not fresh ones.

Try loading the page with a ?1234 after the web address. Will bring up a fresh page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I figured out what it was. It's Firefox cocking things up. I thought it could be the cookies thing, but I tried it with a fresh computer that hadn't been used online before and it still came up with the same problem. Well, it's fixed now and I blame everyone else :p

Thanks for the help though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

humanji wrote: »
    I figured out what it was. It's Firefox cocking things up. I thought it could be the cookies thing, but I tried it with a fresh computer that hadn't been used online before and it still came up with the same problem. Well, it's fixed now and I blame everyone else :p

Your first post suggests you had the same problem on 2 PCs ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I have to use FF for open24 cause safari doesn't have the non standard fonts they are using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

TBH most of the banks gear their offering towards Internet Explorer. So I would advise using same. I know AIB will only support an alternative browser if 5% of the population use same. I'm sure its the same for most banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

humanji wrote: »

Could you tell us what the problem was and how you fixed it?

Thanks

Advertisement